JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey JKO! I am going to put MC Overline fenders on my 2010 JK along with a RK 2.5" Max travel lift Kit. I soul like to know if this is going to be enough clearance. I live in Arizona. Trying to keep a (LOCG) low center of gravity. But would still like to go out and hit the trails, some rock crawling, and just have fun. I have read here on JKO to run wheels with 3-3.5" back spacing. That is my plan, cause I don't want my tires to rub on the frame. Looking for some insight and advice if this would be a good way to go. I appreciate it. :thankyou:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
What size tires will you be running? Other then that, it's a great setup for what your looking to do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking to run 37's. Sorry. Not very good at this. Hoping to meet new people and new friends on this forum. Thanks for your help Abacabb.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Still waiting for this "low cog" fad to be over with! :D Get the belly off the ground and go!

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I think you're going to be just fine with the setup you're considering. If your Jeep is a two door you'll see a bit more height out of the 2.5" RK systems than advertised, but they work great on 37s.

I set up my old (08) two door with Poison Spyder flares and a 2.5" X-Factor from Rock Krawler. You're going to have even more clearance than this with the design of the Metal Cloak flares. It'll work great! If you search my posts you'll see lots of details about that one. (I'd post a picture but I'm uploading a bunch of SEMA stuff over at Photobucket right now.)

Let us know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to answer them and give you some input if you need it.

Marcus

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Looking to run 37's. Sorry. Not very good at this. Hoping to meet new people and new friends on this forum. Thanks for your help Abacabb.
I run 37"s and have 4.5bs. But that is only half of the story. You need to know rim width as well. You could have an 10" rim bs 4.5" and rub but be fine with a 9" rim bs 4.5". The tire moves out an inch due to the rim width is an 1" wider. But if yo compared a 9" 3.5" bs to a 10" 4.5" bs wheel then the outside of the tire does not move. More tire is on the inside. A happy medium would be a 10" wheel backspaced 4", now you have moved the tire .5" out and .5" in as well. Hope that helps. I like the stance and look of my 4.5bs 9" and it comes close to rubbing the frame. I was able to stop it by pushing the axle forward. Your in Arizona so I don't think tire coverage by the fenders matters there. No rub and very stable offroad with 6" lift.

Yeah this low cog lifting is crazy with an un limited I don't feel it works that well. Even at 4" I was not happy. I found 6" is just right and I would be even happier with 40"s but to much work and money to keep 40" on it. I am fine. I a 2 dr jk I would run flat fenders on stock lift and just work on flexing it out. That is a good cog lift for yah. But for me I take the family so 4 door is a must. And 6" of lift and 37" tires give 18"s of belly height. Being that this jeep is 117" wb longer than a grand Cherokee, longer by 18" than a 2 door jk than you can see why I feel lcog lift is not ideal if you offroad the extreme in a jku.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Troy

Your build sounds nice. We like to run the X Factor over the Max Travel with aftermarket flat fenders. With the MC flares and standard up travel, you can even run up to 38 x 13.5's The 2.5 Max Travel will work, but the rear axle might not be perfectly centered with the new lines of the fenders.

RK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Rock Krawler! You are saying the 2.5 X-Factor lift would be better to use instead of the max travel lift. I just want to make sure. I'm trying to do a right the first time without having to go back and do it again.

Thank you, Troy

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Hi Rock Krawler! You are saying the 2.5 X-Factor lift would be better to use instead of the max travel lift. I just want to make sure. I'm trying to do a right the first time without having to go back and do it again.

Thank you, Troy
Yes in our opinion. All X Factor series push the rear axle back 1" which makes them look perfectly centered in the wheel wells with aftermarket flat fenders. If not, the wheels look offset to the front a bit.

RK

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you RK! I am going to go with the 3.5" X factor mid arm lift to get my belly off the ground. I agree with you and the other guys on getting it off the ground. Just making sure that I was getting the correct lift. Can you tell me and/or do you know who would have the best price? I appreciate your help. Thank you again.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts