JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my wife's jeep got hit about 6 months ago. I convinced her that structural sliders and fenders would be nice. She looked over what the market had and decided on the metal cloak sliders and fenders (I run the MC fenders on my 12). Got em powder coated locally and installed and she loves them.

FF to yesterday... Daughter driving the wife's 4 door (daughter has a 2 door)... Traffic... Bad intersection. POW. Daughter tags another driver in the side. Nobody injured. MC fender beats the shit out of the other vehicle while only losing some powder coat. Bumper is trashed. Toe out so the tie rod is shot. I am going with the synergy tie rod (much prefer on vehicle adjustment). Wife likes the MC bumpers and wants to stay all MC. Personally, I am not a fan of the look of their bumpers.

So, on to my question. Who is running the MC bumpers and do you like them? I don't know anyone local running them. My usual plan is to look at something before buying but that is not really an option.

<edit>
She wants the front mid width (uses fogs still) with stinger (grocery cart pusher).
</edit>

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am in a similar boat as you. Wife loved the MC bumpers, flares, rockers, etc... I liked the rockers and flares, but those bumper are butt ugly. We ended up coming across Crawler Conceptz and absolute love them. They just came out with a mid width that looks good. We went with stinger and it sit s at the perfect height. Can just barely see it when driving. Best part, their prices are reasonable.

·
Vendor
121 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I get that our bumper is not for everyone. The bumper that she described is the same as the one on our yellow JK. It is our bumper base with the 56" lighted caps and Mid-stinger. We do make them so you don't have to cut the crash bar off any more but still can for the added clearance.
My wife likes your bumper. Not my jeep it is going on. Just was hoping to get some real world feedback on them. Crickets so far...

·
Registered
723 Posts
I love my Metalcolak bumper. Me and another guy both run them here in Korea. The only issue I had with mine was cutting the crash bar. The instructions give you a measurement of where to cut. They should say 'cut 1/4 below the bottom bolt hole when removing the crash bar'. Using the measurement provided, I cut through the bottom bolt hole not realizing I would need it. The bumper is still very strong despite not having a bolt hole on each side. Here is a pic of two of them installed. The red JKU has the mid-stinger and mine (grey) has the bull bar. I like the fact the bumper is modular. I move around quite a bit with my job. If I move to a place where my bumper is not legal the metal cloak bumper affords me to opportunity to order different components to make it legal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts