JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
May be planning a trip to North GA from FL - Input needed!

Good evening South Eastern JKO's. I'm a JKO just south of you in the state of Florida.

So I got an email from Living Social on my email with a great deal for a B&B up in your neck of the woods. It's located in the town of Hiawassee, GA, which got me thinking. "OFF-ROAD ROAD TRIP" with the wife. I did a search on here and found a map with Beasly Knob OHV "area?". Was looking for some input on that place and as well as others around there. I'd say within 1-2 hours, I guess, as I wouldn't want to waste too much wheeling time getting there.

Any input on the area would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
When are you planning on going? Beasley is closed from January to mid-March, just an FYI. It has some decent trails, there are a couple difficult ones, but nothing you can't bypass if you don't feel like attempting them.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the Living Social deal ends in 7 days, but I would use it after March.

Thanks for the input. But "decent" doesnt sound to well. Is it worth a weekend/4 day weekend trip up there? Beasly Knob is only like 20 mins from the B&B.

Any other input on wheeling areas near (w/in 1-2 hours) Hiawassee, GA?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing really do do up in North Georgia is Forest Service roads. beasley is closed during the winter...Forest Services roads can be fun but also can be very long and boring just depending on where you go
I'm thinking late spring, to early summer. So it's not worth it? Anywhere w/in 1-2 hours of Beasley?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I honestly don't think Beasley Knob would be worth the effort of a wheelin' trip destination for that far of a drive. It would make a great stop to play at but if you're wanting trails with a lot of variation, I don't think you'll find it there. There may be more to the place than what I saw but I wasn't that impressed. Camped out there overnight and kinda got bored. The trails are very repetitve of up and down groomed trails. Try to find a place that is an OHV park and I think you'll be much happier. You might want to check out Carolina Adventure World, Gulches or other OHV parks that are more oriented towards making trails that all 4wd's can have fun on. Usually at OHV parks there are locals that are more than happy to put you on the trails that you and your rig will both have fun on.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ripsnort. Thanks for the good info. It's not necessarily a "wheeling trip". It would be mostly be a weekend vacation/ camping trip. And I was thinking of throwing some wheeling in there. Its a good deal for a weekend with the wife in the Blue Ridge Mtns. Thanks for your input, thats exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also if you are into hiking, white water rafting, and just driving around the mountains then Hiawassee is not that bad of a place and a good place for a base camp. There are tons of things to see and do within a hour drive ratios.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just so you know... there really is not anything to do in Hiawassee like night life or great restaurants and you can drive from one end to the other in a few minutes. My Uncle has had a cabin there for 40+ years so I have been there many times and it is only 1 1/2 away. The B&B folks will have many great ideas of things for you to do. Also mid to late spring will be a perfect time to go.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and got the B&B deal the other night. I will be planing a 3 or 4 day trip for sometime in May. Will keep you SE peoples posted, so maybe we can link up if anyone's out that weekend. I may be bringing some FL JKOwners up there with me.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only good info I could find is that you need to STFU about B&B's and bring this back to Jeeps.

Man Up, Get a Tent, Quit Posting DUMB SHIT!!!!!!

PS: If I was into your "Alternative Lifestyle" I would camp with you:gluging:
Thanks for the GREAT input! :thefinger: If you had read the OP you'd realize that it is about wheeling, hense the needed info on the Beasley Knob and the surrounding area.

And just so you know myself and the wife are staying in the B&B AND camping! :thefinger:

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Thanks for the GREAT input! :thefinger: If you had read the OP you'd realize that it is about wheeling, hense the needed info on the Beasley Knob and the surrounding area.

And just so you know myself and the wife are staying in the B&B AND camping! :thefinger:
looks like you started it lol

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1047747&postcount=94

Seriously no need to defend your thread or choice of lodging... feel free to continue, hard as it is to believe some of us have more varied interests than just wheeling and camping :D

Make sure you keep us updated with the dates you're gonna be up. Check out georgiajeepers.com and Atlanta Jeepers facebook group. People are starting to plan stuff almost every weekend and a lot of it gets posted there.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks like you started it lol

[url]http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1047747&postcount=94[/URL]

Seriously no need to defend your thread or choice of lodging... feel free to continue, hard as it is to believe some of us have more varied interests than just wheeling and camping :D

Make sure you keep us updated with the dates you're gonna be up. Check out georgiajeepers.com and Atlanta Jeepers facebook group. People are starting to plan stuff almost every weekend and a lot of it gets posted there.
GK. LOL I guess I did didn't I. But to my defense, I did say "my bad"/appalogize as I didnt know it was one of his friends. However, I guess someone really holds a grudge, geeze.

I will keep an eye on those pages GK. Thanks.

I can't wait. It will be my first wheeling in a LONG time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.