JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
I wasn't ready to do this yet but.... let me answer your questions since Grant threw the elephant in the corner under the bus.

1) NO we do not have hotel info yet. We are currently in negotiations with a few hotels. Namely because last years host hotel was pre booked to an existing contract so we have no choice but to move it. However the new proposed location is bigger, better and very very close to truck/trailer parking. More details to follow.

2) YES the rumors of moving it from the speedway are true. We may be forced to move the event due to some very stupid requests on the speedways part. Namely taking away money designated to our charities. THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE. We are still talking with them but have two very cool back up venues that would most likely be better for Jeeping, just not as cool as the speedway

3) YES It is going to be bigger than last year and YES Chyrsler/Dodge/Jeep is considering a very LARGE part in that. More exciting news to come

4) Registration will not open until January - more details to come.

5) I will be posting more info as we are ready to announce. We had 727 Jeeps on Saturday last year, 400+ were pre registered. We had 450+ on Sunday for the Beach parade. If you are interested in being a vendor please contact me.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wasn't ready to do this yet but.... let me answer your questions since Grant threw the elephant in the corner under the bus.
I'm just good like that...:laughing: Hell, its not like I got the info from the JeepBeach fan page on facebook or anything like that. Shoot, i even gave it a few days before anybody posted anything :thefinger: :beer:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
had a great time out there this year so heck yea we'll be there:beer:

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Eh...
Maybe.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

1) NO we do not have hotel info yet. We are currently in negotiations with a few hotels. Namely because last years host hotel was pre booked to an existing contract so we have no choice but to move it. However the new proposed location is bigger, better and very very close to truck/trailer parking and with much much faster elevators. More details to follow.

there I fixed it for ya :laughing:

I cannot wait. I've already put in my vacation days for it :bounce:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

1) NO we do not have hotel info yet. We are currently in negotiations with a few hotels. Namely because last years host hotel was pre booked to an existing contract so we have no choice but to move it. However the new proposed location is bigger, better and very very close to truck/trailer parking. More details to follow. Still on the beach though right?

2) YES the rumors of moving it from the speedway are true. We may be forced to move the event due to some very stupid requests on the speedways part. Namely taking away money designated to our charities. THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE. We are still talking with them but have two very cool back up venues that would most likely be better for Jeeping, just not as cool as the speedway. IMO even though being in the Speedway is cool, especially for those who come from out of state who have never seen it, however seems like having it elsewhere might open the event up for bigger and better things including more than just a straight line drive through the courses.

3) YES It is going to be bigger than last year and YES Chyrsler/Dodge/Jeep is considering a very LARGE part in that. More exciting news to come

4) Registration will not open until January - more details to come.

5) I will be posting more info as we are ready to announce. We had 727 Jeeps on Saturday last year, 400+ were pre registered. We had 450+ on Sunday for the Beach parade. If you are interested in being a vendor please contact me. I'm hoping Spike decides to participate again and as mentioned above, maybe with a new venue, we can bring a few toys to show off and not just T-shirts and stickers...:laughing:
Regardless, I'm still looking forward to this but unfortunately E & I probably won't make the cruise afterwards.:pissed:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Definately gonna be there it this year!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts