JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone is running, has run, or thinking about running the Maxxis Bighorn?

Looks to be a decent tire... especially for the money. I'd appreciate any feedback you all may have...

Thanks bunches! :beer:

·
Registered
169 Posts
i do not have experience with the bighorn, but i have had the buckshot mudder and buckshot xmt mudder.....they are excellent tires! i'm on my 3rd set! the first set lasted a good 40k.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was quoted $880.00 out the door, for a set of 4 (315x75x16). Will most likely get them installed on my 2 door this Friday.

That's as big as I wanna go for now... I was very much toying with the 305x70x16 but, that's such a great price... and the tire looks great as well. Most of what I have seen online says they are a good tire.

Thanks for the input guys. I will post some pics in this thread once I get them installed... and do a little review myself. :beer:

Here is a picture I found on Google... nice looking tire!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I ranbthe 32s prelift. Great tire especially for the price.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Maxxis makes a quality tire. I run them on my quad. couldnt be happier. maybe i'll look at these for the jeep. really need 37's though

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ran them on my TJ in 33 and my JK in 34, great tire for the money. My only complaint was how loud they were after rotation, but it's about the same for all MTs.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm getting them installed on Friday.

315x75x16

Will post pictures once they are on. :beer:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ran them on my TJ in 33 and my JK in 34, great tire for the money. My only complaint was how loud they were after rotation, but it's about the same for all MTs.
rotate often.....i rotate mine every 3k, makes for a much quieter ride!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I plan on having the 5 tire rotation cycle. I rotate my tires every time I change my oil... (3k miles or so)

I'm thinking I will like these things. I will let you know...

I was gonna go with the Fierce Attitudes... but, these are more budget friendly for me at the moment. I have WAY too many hobbies!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I ran them. worked great in FL swamp mud.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
315x75x16's will be on the jeep in less than two hours... I will post up some pictures later.

Thanks for the input guys.. have a safe day!

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Just subscribing to see pics as I have major interest in these. :beer:

·
Registered
169 Posts
here's a couple pics, these are the buckshot xmt mudders

on the liberty

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok all... I had them mounted and balanced at Toby's Alignment in Palatka, FL on Friday. My Toe-In and Camber was out a bit, so they added an alignment as well. I have the 315x75x16's... mounted on ION ALLOY 16x8 (174's) and let me tell you... I love the way these tires look!!! (Pictures will be added tomorrow).

My total out the door price, to include the alignment, was $932.87

I have a new ION ALLOY 174 ordered, and will get the 5th Maxxis Bighorn in a week or so.

Ok, thus far...

The tires balanced with ZERO issues. The rubber is very consistent. The ride is very nice, compared to my older Liberator AT's... even for an MT.

The noise is a slight hum... but I find it pleasing. I have a Hard Top, and Full Doors... so, that makes things quiet. I know they will get louder as they wear... but I'm game.

There is little siping on them, so I don't know how they are in the rain...

My speedo is WAY off now. I'm running 4.88:1 gears, with Spartan Lockers... and with my 2 door Automatic, there is more than enough gear now. It stays in Overdrive with zero issues. Even with my GOBI roof rack.

My jeep is straight as an arrow driving down the highway. No bounce, no pull when I hit the brakes, just drives smoothly.

I have 4 Rubi 4Door Springs / Shocks with TF Pucks, and there is tons of clearance for these tires.

2.5" RK Stock Mod Lift with Billsteins coming soon.

All in all, I am very happy with these tires. Now my Jeep looks like a JEEP!!!!!

Pics will be posted tomorrow.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, I will get GOOD pics tomorrow... here are a few off of my phone camera.

Getting the front on...

The rear...

Here she is at work...

Before:

After:

Nice butt!!!

My Brother shooting from my roof rack:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts