JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked great for me when installing my PSC rear crusher flares and the driver side PSC body armor.

Not so much when I did the passenger side. Clearly I was putting too much pressure on, my 2nd to last rivnut has a messed up thread and is about to start spinning, and as if that wasn't a good enough warning sign for me, I went ahead and tried to put one more in, and the mandrel broke after the rivnut was set. So now I have not one but two rivnuts I can't use (unless I can get that mandrel out of there somehow...)

Damn.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
yea the tool works awesome.. but the mandrel can break sometimes if you have it set alittle off.. i broke one.. also but now i keep a few extra mandrels around just in case.. :) you should be able to get it out without to much hassle.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
How was the depth of the nutsert on the tool? On my Westward it needs to be set to avoid over-compresessing it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the depth set halfway between 1/4" and 3/8"
clearly too much. Replacement mandrel on its way, as well as a extractor kit.

How did you extract your broken mandrel tip, just using a normal extractor bit? Its not the most important rivnut that it broke off in, but it would be nice to get it out of there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts