JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Not a marine but my pops is and I will always remember the bday each year. It was always at our house and we'd wake up to passed out dudes stoon about amidst empty c rat cans and bottles and every car in front of the house would be adorned with navy stickers thanks to my dads best buddy who was the one sailor invited. This year hes going to Honk Kong for the second year in a row to the party with the Marines and embassy(consulate?) staff. Hes excited. So have at it guys, what are you doing this year?
Tell your Dad "Semper Fi" from me..

·
Registered
749 Posts
will do, he was there 68-69 also
Gotta ask you who was he with & was he up at the DMZ.....
If you know.......thx

·
Registered
749 Posts
He was a crew chief in 46's and 34's with HMM-361, 163, (AND 164?). Prior to that he was with HMX-1 with Pres Johnson and then with a reserve unit in Cherry Point Washington recovering from colon surgery and doing his year between DC duty and combat.
Hauled us around in the 46's,..never liked the 34's, & loved the Huey Gun Ships/Medevc's when they came in to get us out of many messes...thank him for all his support....your Dad had a very interesting time in the Marine Corp....you have to be very Proud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts