JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put together a gravel road/primitive road route from 410 near FS 70 to I-90 near Golf Course Road.

Ideas on where I can get a good map with the 4x4, motorcycle trails as well as the primitive roads?

Thanks,

·
Registered
662 Posts
On paper, you'd need quite a handful of usgs topo maps. You'd be better off downloading one of the GPS mapping apps onto an iPad. MotionX or Gaia GPS are both pretty good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I'll try it.

Went up there today just to check it out.
Went FS70 from 410.
Did a littlebit of the naches trail.

Noticed that its closed November 15...
Why? That sucks buckakee.

I think the I-90 side is open all winter (good luck after the heavy snow)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have done this route a few times fs70 to Easton. Can look up the route if still interested.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would like to put together a gravel road/primitive road route from 410 near FS 70 to I-90 near Golf Course Road.

Ideas on where I can get a good map with the 4x4, motorcycle trails as well as the primitive roads?

Thanks,

About a 1/2 mile before FR70 turns to dirt, you should take a left on FR7030, left on FR 7036, left on FR52, one mile later right on FR 52, right on FR 5200, right on FR 41, after 2 miles left on FR 41, right on FR 54 to I-90. I do this route a few times a year and still get lost once in awhile, especially at night. This route is only doable from Jul-Dec as the deepest snows we get occur during the winter are along this route. You'll need the MMVR map from the Mt Baker/Snoqualmie NF website as all trail maps end at the FR 7030/7036 intersection. A trail map from FR70 to FR 1901 is available from the Enumclaw FS office. A trail map from FR 1901 to Yakima is available from the Whistling Jacks in Cliffdell. A GPS database on your computer will let you build a route to download to a GPS

·
Registered
90 Posts
They close the Naches trail in the winter to slow down some of the trail erosion when wet.
And now almost all trails from Dec to June in all eastern districts thanks to people loving to tear up the trails when their still soaked from winter snows.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Thanks,

I've found the National Geographic maps work extremely well. I have #823 which is the Goat Rocks, Norse Peak and WOD Wilderness areas. This map has all of the Little Naches area from FS70 plus Rimrock area and over towards Cle Elum. They are color and show the difference between a Jeep/4wd trail and FS/primitive road. I purchase them at Wholesale Sports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts