JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats goin on guy's ive been recently been thinking about getting a 4dr rubicon but im undecided on what i wanna get manuel or automatic, i plan on doing some offroading but nothing extreme where i could need a bunch of gear just regular trail driving no rock crawling up mtns or boulders, what you guys think manuel or automatic ?

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
You're going to get a lot of answers from both sides- pros and cons.

Biggest con w/ auto = overheating trans w/o aftermkt cooler.
Biggest con w/ manual = throw-out bearing issues.

I would choose whatever YOU are most comfortable with. I wouldn't trade my manual, and I do my share of rock crawling.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
whatever you prefer to drive everyday

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Here's another angle to consider:
If you do a lot of deepwater or muddin, the manual doesn't like to be shifted underwater.
No, but do you find Manuel likes to be shifted underwater?

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
the laughs never seem to end on this site!:beer:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I think it's like any vehicle there's times when you will love the straight drive and times you will wish you had a Auto. What do you drive now straight or Auto? do you like it? How much of your drive is stop and go? is the jeep going to be a DD? My choice was easy I drive lots of city streets to and from work lots of stop and go and my age has given me lots of experience with both I had a 98 TJ and it was a blast to drive with a straight drive but I'm a little older now and a Auto let's me sit back and enjoy the ride:D

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Hey whats goin on guy's ive been recently been thinking about getting a 4dr rubicon but im undecided on what i wanna get manuel or automatic, i plan on doing some offroading but nothing extreme where i could need a bunch of gear just regular trail driving no rock crawling up mtns or boulders, what you guys think manuel or automatic ?
Transmission is mostly personal preference. If you're looking to buy new, you should consider waiting for the 2012 model which will have the new engine and likely transmission options available. Might be worth the wait, especially for an Unlimited.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts