JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to remove the wiring harness from my doors since it is a pain to constantly unplug/plug-in when removing, or reinstalling the doors. I can hear and see when a door isn’t properly closed. 1st remove the door panels, then use a razor blade to carefully cut the single line of thread that fastens the wire conduit along the top of the limiting strap being carefull not to cut the straps. On the front doors, pop out the rubber grommet the wires go through so you can stick a screw driver in to depress the catch on the connector, then pop out the two fasteners the hold the harness to the inner door panel. (You can also just zip tie the entire harness to the inner door panel, if you don’t want to entirely remove it!) On the rear doors, it’s too big a pain to completely remove the wire harness, so I just zip tied the gray connector to the white lower grab handle anchor. Lastly, reinstall the door panels and I also re-clocked the window cranks to a knee friendly position. (Uploading pics keeps failing, but this is simple enough not to need any.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts