JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was taking my jeep into the dealership to check out something, and while it was on the lift i decided to check out their lot of 2012s.

out of their WHOLE jeep collection, used and new...
only 2 where manual out of about 15...

is jeep lowering their quantity of manual transmission??
2 dealerships ive been to have very few, if any.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I think you'd be interested by how many people can actually drive a manual.

Marcus, I may have to personally come down there and let the air out of your tires if you do that!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I love driving a manual, but its way easier for me in the rocks to deal with two pedals. I guess that makes me :rainbow:

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I prefer an auto, what can I say? I'll probably look at some sort of motor swap when I do the transmission swap. My 3.8 still sounds like it ate a bucket of bolts so I'm just waiting on it to implode. LOL

I have bad knees from mx so the constant pressing of the clutch wears me out too.

Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I prefer an auto, what can I say? I'll probably look at some sort of motor swap when I do the transmission swap. My 3.8 still sounds like it ate a bucket of bolts so I'm just waiting on it to implode. LOL

I have bad knees from mx so the constant pressing of the clutch wears me out too.

Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus
What you need is one of them $1,000 services at your local dealer, they'll have that 3.8 sounding great in no time. Probably a carbon deposit :laughing:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I went with the 6sp vers the 4sp auto because of the limited power my 2010 has after driving a 2012 with more power and a 5sp auto I would definetly go auto if I upgraded to a 12! I dont mind the 6sp but it does get old in LA traffic...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Manual all the way for me!

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Ha no rubicrawler for you:bawling: auto only!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts

Who wants a 6 speed?

Marcus
They make drugs for that! Weakling!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think you'd be interested by how many people can actually drive a manual.

Marcus, I may have to personally come down there and let the air out of your tires if you do that!
^^This.... You would be REALLY surprised at how few people know how to drive a stick shift. I was talking to my boss about it a couple weeks ago and he hit the nail on the head when he said " Driving a stick is a lost art". Me personally though, I wouldnt have it any other way. I love my manual and thats what i'll always have.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I drove both and thought the auto was pretty impressive but ordered the manual because to me it just seemed more fun to drive. Now I work from home and rarely spend time in traffic or rock crawling if that were not the case it would have been an auto.

Having said that finding a rubicon or sahara on the lot with nav and a stick is almost impossible.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts