JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my Jeep (08 manual) the other day look down and the shifter trim bezel had broken off. It had snapped all 8 of the plastic bolt in two pieces. Now I will have to try to use an easy-out to get the remainder of the bolts out of the center console. Has anybody else had this problem; What may have caused it?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
eh? there are no bolts holding the shifter bezel down, just two clips on the back and tabs in the front....

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
eh? there are no bolts holding the shifter bezel down, just two clips on the back and tabs in the front....
yeah... then theres this ^^ the trim ring broke on mine, caused the rubber boot on the shifter arm to come loose. i squeezed the boot edge back in between the two pieces of the trim ring and gorilla glued the bitch back together.

there are those plastic divit looking things around the ring that look like allen key bolt heads. maybe thats what hes referring to?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
yeah... then theres this ^^ the trim ring broke on mine, caused the rubber boot on the shifter arm to come loose. i squeezed the boot edge back in between the two pieces of the trim ring and gorilla glued the bitch back together.

there are those plastic divit looking things around the ring that look like allen key bolt heads. maybe thats what hes referring to?
yea mine broke off almost right after i bought it...gorilla glue is the shiznet

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
yea mine broke off almost right after i bought it...gorilla glue is the shiznet
Gorilla tape is pretty kick ass too. it holds way better than duct tape and it has tons of uses... including wrapping a small piece on my 8 year old daughters thumb to keep her from sucking her thumb!

·
Registered
100 Posts
How does one remove the shifter boot bezel without breaking it?

My boot has come free of the Bezel and I want to re-insert it and secure the Bezel. Do I just pull up on the back of the bezel or the front of the Bezel?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
i drilled mine out and replaced with button head hex bolts.
This, and replaced the rubber boot with a redline goods leather boot.
^^^^ agreed.

I have the Tuffy full metal console and I do not like how loose the factory bezel mounts to it. I plan on getting an aluminum bezel, drilling and tapping the console in a few places to screw longer bolts into it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the Tuffy full metal console and I do not like how loose the factory bezel mounts to it. I plan on getting an aluminum bezel, drilling and tapping the console in a few places to screw longer bolts into it.
Thats an interesting idea; I hadn't thought about doing that but I like the idea :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts