JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting some warn 3.5" wireless lamps to mount near my mirrors, but I dont want another thing dangling from my key chain. Is there a way that you can utilize the wireless technology (not have to run wires through the fire wall etc, but put these on a toggle switch? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Just velco the remote to your dash

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
I am looking at getting some warn 3.5" wireless lamps to mount near my mirrors, but I dont want another thing dangling from my key chain. Is there a way that you can utilize the wireless technology (not have to run wires through the fire wall etc, but put these on a toggle switch? Any input is appreciated.
The wireless part only means that instead of using a switch to trigger the relay, that the wireless button acts as the switch. You follow the install instructions exactly. Except where they have the wireless remote trigger the relay, wire in a switch.

It's very possible, cheap and easy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
A trigger wire through the firewall is cake on jk's, don't waste ur $ on wireless, get some decent hardwired lights.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wireless part only means that instead of using a switch to trigger the relay, that the wireless button acts as the switch. You follow the install instructions exactly. Except where they have the wireless remote trigger the relay, wire in a switch.

It's very possible, cheap and easy.
This is what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is what I wanted to hear.
So! You know how to break into the radio reciever and tap the switch leg. Keep us posted on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts