JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, just bought a 2008 JKU with major rust on the bottom side. This is a northern Jeep that has been majorly exposed to road salt! No holes anywhere but there is surface rust everywhere you look! How would you guys address this issue? I got such a deal on this thing I couldn’t say no! Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
Hello guys, just bought a 2008 JKU with major rust on the bottom side. This is a northern Jeep that has been majorly exposed to road salt! No holes anywhere but there is surface rust everywhere you look! How would you guys address this issue? I got such a deal on this thing I couldn’t say no! Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If there are no structural concerns: wire brush or needle scaler to remove heavy rust, then Ospho or some other rust converter, then paint and/or Fluid Film.

·
Registered
397 Posts
What he said above, but you will really want to water flush the INSIDE of the frame and get it sealed with fluid film. There is a kit that has the various parts and pieces that you need to spray the entire chassis plus push hose in the frame and other enclosed areas so that you can spray 360° as you pull that hose back out.

Doing that, you'll wax coat the frame inside and outside and effectively arrest the progress of the commission by elimination 2 if the essential components of corrosion, oxygen and moisture.

Kellsport Products Fluid Film Undercoating Kit 1 Gallon with PRO SPRAY GUN, Extension wands, bottles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048770KE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oxHLCbPZS22T8

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts