JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is what R8R ROK calls out on the CB as we're rolling down Hwy 5 about 10 miles north of Kettleman City at 80 mph last night.

For anyone not following the NorCal jeep night thread. R8R ROK and I were heading down to Joshua Tree and Big Bear for five days of wheel'n. I looked back in rear view right after he said that and huge plume of white smoke out, under and over him (transfer fluid). Blew his transfer case and ripped apart rear driveshaft! Normal traffic was still shooting off shrapnel by the time I pulled over, reversed and got out of jeep - I can only imagine how many pieces of his junk was sprawled on the freeway...

AAA only tows 100 miles, which left up in the town, Firebaugh. J-Mac and and Hogg are frick'n heros! Seriously above and beyond call of duty. Txt'd them them the bad news and they rustled up a truck and flat bed, came down and rescued R8R ROK! I know we weren't expecting anything, just filling them in on what happened... Right now I think R8R ROK is having a cake with their faces put on it... :laughing:

Failue just before 8p. Rolled back into driveway a 5:30a today... Not the trip we planned, but an adventure none-the-less!

Sad thing seeing a supplied up and wounded jeep not having accomplished it's mission being trailered home...

Didn't happened if no pics, so here ya go! :D

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
HOLY FUCK DUDE!!! Sorry to hear that. Let us all know if we can do anything to help out (sadly I do not have a spare TC)!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Damn! Whats the specs on the driveshafts and gear ratio at the axle?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sorry to hear that Stacey, you'll remember that for awhile!

Chip

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
sorry to hear that. happened to a buddies 03 TJ and he about shat his pants when it went off

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sorry to hear that Stacey, you'll remember that for awhile!

Chip
Holly Shit!!!
Chip wats up?
I haven't seen or heard from you for a while we gotta hook up this summer.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
This is what happens when you mention the phrase "I'm sick of spending money on my Jeep..."

Like a high maintenance girlfriend the Jeep is bound to throw a fit when it finds out. :D

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Wholly FUCK! I bet you shit yourself when that thing let loose! :shocked:As long as nobody got hurt and the damage is all Jeep parts and not people parts..all is good. Thumbs up to Jeff and Jason...you guys rock

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Damn!! I guess that break is beyond a little JB weld and zip ties. Glad your Ok, sad that you broken your rig. Keep us all informed if you need help with an install.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I am too stupid to shit my pants. I have heard about the pole vault effect but I was just trying to safely get over and radio Mark that I was down hard. I blew my Tranny out at speed a little over 2 years and it fealt extremely similar with the only exception that this time I knew my drive shaft was spinning around down there like the star wars kid on crack. All happenned pretty quick. The most dangerous part ended being a piece of shrapnel from the carnage that a big rig ran over shot out and damn near hit me.

As far as the Cutts Crew tactical rescue operations that went down last night. That was some crazy shit. I have never met more solid people in my life than in the Jeep community and especially the Cutts Crew. Since you guys won't accept my thanks because " that's just how we roll!!!!! " you will have to accept my wife's thanks.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:X4

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Glad no one was hurt, time for an atlas :)

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I am too stupid to shit my pants. I have heard about the pole vault effect but I was just trying to safely get over and radio Mark that I was down hard. I blew my Tranny out at speed a little over 2 years and it fealt extremely similar with the only exception that this time I knew my drive shaft was spinning around down there like the star wars kid on crack. All happenned pretty quick. The most dangerous part ended being a piece of shrapnel from the carnage that a big rig ran over shot out and damn near hit me.

As far as the Cutts Crew tactical rescue operations that went down last night. That was some crazy shit. I have never met more solid people in my life than in the Jeep community and especially the Cutts Crew. Since you guys won't accept my thanks because " that's just how we roll!!!!! " you will have to accept my wife's thanks.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:X4
Cutts Crew for people who don't know is a close group of friends who will step up and help a fellow brother or sister out at a drop of a hat. That is how we roll. Tell the wife "you are quite welcome":D

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Cutts Crew for people who don't know is a close group of friends who will step up and help a fellow brother or sister out at a drop of a hat. That is how we roll. Tell the wife "you are quite welcome":D
X2^^^^^^

·
Registered
590 Posts
Did you notice any vibrations before hand? I have lost count as to how many of these I have seen on the various JK forums I visit. In every case it was an NP241OR, on a rig with 3.5" or more of lift.

Great to see Jeff and Jason were able to help you out!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Did you notice any vibrations before hand? I have lost count as to how many of these I have seen on the various JK forums I visit. In every case it was an NP241OR, on a rig with 3.5" or more of lift.

Great to see Jeff and Jason were able to help you out!

That's a good question. Glad you and the family are ok, Stacey. Scary shit.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts