JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
The low viz was only in a small area due to 60 acre brush fire. Smoke attracts water molecules therefore fog forms and viola! no viz

This was about an hour north of me. Hell last night a deputy shot a guy about 1/4 mile from my house. 16,yes 16 emergency vehicles went by last night..... Crazy assed weekend in Marion/Alachua counties

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I came up 441 yesterday after the Rolex. 75 had been shut down already. Still smoky. They are saying that the fire that caused it was most likely intentionally set. If it was I hope the bastard that did it is charged with all the deaths. My prayers are going out to the families

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
Heard about it on the radio this morning. Very sad.

That is really strange...

Why would you drive so fast in such a low visibility situation? :(

Sad stuff.
The weather is totally different down there too, I guess it's the humidity. I've always wondered why people from Florida run their flashers in the rain when they are here in the Atlanta area. I found that out last year on the way to Daytona. Pretty sure it was somewhere near that same stretch we hit a rainstorm and almost instantly the fog was so bad you could literally see one car length ahead if you were lucky.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thankfully I missed it. I was in Gainesville Saturday and was planning on driving to Tampa Sunday morning but fortunately drove there on Saturday instead. Prayers go out to those families.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I never read the article and only heard it on WJRR.... This is awful and I don't understand why they opened the roadway up with questionable visibility...... It is eerie to read what people heard and saw.....

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Guy who was in wreck said visibility went from crystal clear to zero instantly. Car he was in got stopped then 2 others crashed into the back of it. TV interview

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I never read the article and only heard it on WJRR.... This is awful and I don't understand why they opened the roadway up with questionable visibility...... It is eerie to read what people heard and saw.....

Sent via horse and buggy
The conditions change here in mere moments. I have gone out twice in five minutes to have my visibility dropped to garbage before. I'm sure a similar scenario happened here. Plus to have to reroute 75 takes at least a dozen officers who could be patrolling the streets for criminals. They might have had a little pressure to reopen a major traffic artery before daytime traffic hit.

Still praying for the families.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
it is sad the stories....... hope no one here was directly impacted by this and if you were my prayers to you and yours!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.