JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought my first house and found out that my mail man drives a JK. The steering wheel was on the opposite side so I asked him if it was a company car. He said its his but they paid for almost all of it. Is this true?

·
Registered
11,063 Posts
No idea, I don't know the guy.:confused: You should ask him to elaborate. A friend of ours works for the postal service and I think they pay them a mileage rate for personal mail vehicles. Maybe that's how they paid for it mostly.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll ask him next time I see him. Problem is he's always zipping down my street at 45 mph and doesn't ring the door bell when he delivers packages. I just happened to be going to work when he showed up.

·
Registered
916 Posts
He's probably a Rural Route Letter Carrier.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yes its legal, my old boss's best friend imported a right hand drive nissan silvia. That silvia was a bad ass machine let me tell ya, He let me take it for a spin in an old abandon wall mart parking lot. DAMN that thing was fucking sweet. You would be surprised how quickly your body adapts to shifting left handed, that is assuming you know how to drive standard shift to begin with.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yep, it happens. When I bought my first JK I was looking to get a Steel Blue. Walked up to one on the lot and the steering wheel was on opposite side...I was like wtf. The salesmen told me about how they sale them to the postal carriers and stuff. Also, all of those I have seen have been 2wd. :beer:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Yep, it happens. When I bought my first JK I was looking to get a Steel Blue. Walked up to one on the lot and the steering wheel was on opposite side...I was like wtf. The salesmen told me about how they sale them to the postal carriers and stuff. Also, all of those I have seen have been 2wd. :beer:
The 2wd's were from 2007-2010

Jason

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Correct !!

No idea, I don't know the guy.:confused: You should ask him to elaborate. A friend of ours works for the postal service and I think they pay them a mileage rate for personal mail vehicles. Maybe that's how they paid for it mostly.
^^^^

Correct or so much for the rural route they run....

·
Registered
85 Posts
lots of mailpersons have jeeps. Jeeps are known for this. I sold my stock 32s to a mail lady. she drives on limestone all day and gets about 20k to a set of tires. Mail people started using jeeps more when the TJ came out because the jeep became more comfortable and Jeep offered the right hand driver seat.

·
Registered
546 Posts
RHD Jeeps pop up on ebay all the time. I've even seen rhd Cherokees.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts