JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap! Just read in Autoblog.com that Cerberus may be in talks with Mahindra (Indian auto manufacturer) to sell the Jeep brand. Since Cerberus has a history of "parting out" their corporate acquisitions, this seems plausible. Mahindra is known to be looking to expand into other markets. I'm not sure that I approve of another offshore corporate parent. :pissed:

·
Registered
22 Posts
They do call it a "far fetched rumor" so may not be true after all.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if you'll be able to get a slushie at the Jeep dealer? :laughing2:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Mahindra has been building Jeeps for decades and still builds them today AFAIK. They started building Jeep variants and have all sorts of wild variants based off of the CJ.

No, Jeep will not be going to Mahindra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mahindra was bidding to buy Land Rover and Jaguar from Ford but another Indian
auto builder Tata got that deal. So I'm not surprised that they are looking at JEEP.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So now when I run across some Rover owners on the trail, can I say, "nice Tatas?":wink_animate:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
ah whats the worse that could happen? The new company might produce a Jeep that has leaky tops, paint not covering all the parts, crazy recall problems and poor customer service.... O wait, we already got that. :laughing:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mahindra was bidding to buy Land Rover and Jaguar from Ford but another Indian
auto builder Tata got that deal. So I'm not surprised that they are looking at JEEP.
According to CNN today, that deal just went through for $2.3 BILLION

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found 3 Billion dollars on the sidewalk yesterday. I'm going to use the money to buy Jeep.

From now on, anything Jeep will have solid axles.
I'm not interested unless it comes with customer service as an available option. :thefinger:

·
Registered
749 Posts
ah whats the worse that could happen? The new company might produce a Jeep that has leaky tops, paint not covering all the parts, crazy recall problems and poor customer service.... O wait, we already got that. :laughing:
:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:

Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
Although created in 1994 following an organisational restructuring, the Automotive Sector can trace its antecedents back to 1954. The iconic jeep that led American G.I.s to victory in World War II is the very same vehicle that drove the Mahindra Group to success in
the Automotive Sector. Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, the flagship company of the Group, was set up as a franchise for assembling general purpose utility vehicles from Willys, USA.

Our New Future JK

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isn't that what dealerships are for?
Not either of the dealers I've been to so far. Trying a third this upcoming Tuesday. Jury is still out. :pissed:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts