JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a magnuson kit second hand and the diablosport tuner lost the custom tune for it, does anyone have a base tune I can use to tune my jeep? Thank you

·
Administrator
1,907 Posts
Welcome to JKO.
I saw your other reply and deleted it because you have a dedicated thread here.

if you haven’t done so already, you may want to shoot an email to @0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME to see if they can help. They are still here from time to time but you may catch their attention quicker with en email.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to JKO.
I saw your other reply and deleted it because you have a dedicated thread here.

if you haven’t done so already, you may want to shoot an email to @0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME to see if they can help. They are still here from time to time but you may catch their attention quicker with en email.
Thank you, I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they can help me out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can probably help you out, but there is caviot. The stock tune is "married" to the "VIN #" of your jeep. You have to "read your stock tune to the Diablo tuner. Then connect your tuner to your computer. And email it to your tuner of choice. I live in SoCal and it was mandatory that I get a "V-51" Jeep recall done before I could get my Jeep smogged. So I rolled out my S/C tune & put in the stock tune. So I let the dealer do their business. Two & half hours later I got my jeep back & went to install the S/C tune and the new PCM software they installed wasn't compatible with the Diablo tuner. So I called Magnuson they said that they no longer support the Diablo tuner. They said they only support HP Tuners. So $700 later I finally got my Jeep tuned correctly. I really like the Magnuson S/C. I installed it back in '14 & it runs great & reliably. I have a 2010 JKUR with a 6 speed stick. Good luck on your install. Don't forget to pin you crankshaft pulley, It will slip if you don't. Magnuson has the instructions online for install info.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I recently purchased a magnuson kit second hand and the diablosport tuner lost the custom tune for it, does anyone have a base tune I can use to tune my jeep? Thank you
You're going to need to start with a stock tune for your Jeep. As already stated, tunes are tied to the jeep. All of the modified tunes whether it be from Magnusson, Edelbrock, RIPP or someone else and regardless of which tuning device you use, start with you downloading your stock tune from the jeep via the device and then sending that in to the tuner for customization.

Tunes are somehow tied to the stock tune in the PCM by a serial number and if the dealer updates yout stock tune, that will also change your PCM / tune serial number. In other words, if you change your stock tune you would also need to send in a copy of the updatesd stock tune and have the custom tune redone based off of the update. I know because I went through this and could no longer use my original stock tune as a basis. Even the modified tune is tied to the unique serial number.

You can try working with Johan Mangs (AKA Diablotoona). He used to be an engineer for Diablosport and knows that platform well. He wrote some of the canned tunes that shipped with the Trinity and other devices. He might be able to offer you some guidance or he might be able to work with the tune thats already loaded in your PCM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to update the thread I reached out to RPM extreme and Jon got me a tune to start the Jeep and I’ll be logging and tuning with him once I get it all put back tonight this weekend, thank you guys for the all info, I’ve never worked with Diablo tuners sorry they’re a whole new animal for me

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Just to update the thread I reached out to RPM extreme and Jon got me a tune to start the Jeep and I’ll be logging and tuning with him once I get it all put back tonight this weekend, thank you guys for the all info, I’ve never worked with Diablo tuners sorry they’re a whole new animal for me
Glad you got it figured out. Diablosport makes the tuning device that you are using. Diablotoona (Johna) is one person. He does the tunes by email. Johan and likely RPM Exteme are using the CMR tuning software on their end to write custom tunes that you upload into the tuning device.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts