JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used this diff cover on their Jeep? Will the rear track bar clear it? I have a bb 2.5 lift. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also thinking about a G2 aluminum cover for about $130 less than the Mag-Hytec. About 3 times a year I'll tow a 3200lbs trailer for about 4-8 hours at a time. Just wanted to help out my gears in keeping cool under the load. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Kind of figured that was why you were looking at those because we don't see much demand for them outside of trucks.

Here's another option. Aluminum.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
MagTech stuff is very high quality. For trail rig use...I am not sure now they apply to trail use....

KC
My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that was in the back of my mind, would it survive a direct hit with a rock? Either way I'd keep my stock cover and a couple quarts of gear out in an ammo box for such emergencies. With what I just spent on gears, I just want to minimize a breakdown 600 miles away from home with my trailer.
Has anyone had clearance issues with the G2 cover? After talking to my local 4wheel parts they said it won't work with my Teraflex BB. I looked at the space between my diff cover an rear track bar, and I'm not convince it won't fit. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Yeah, that was in the back of my mind, would it survive a direct hit with a rock? Either way I'd keep my stock cover and a couple quarts of gear out in an ammo box for such emergencies. With what I just spent on gears, I just want to minimize a breakdown 600 miles away from home with my trailer.
Has anyone had clearance issues with the G2 cover? After talking to my local 4wheel parts they said it won't work with my Teraflex BB. I looked at the space between my diff cover an rear track bar, and I'm not convince it won't fit. Any thoughts?

Well since you asked, I wouldn't buy ANY cover that I felt I needed to carry an "emergency" cover for. The one initially posted is for a pickup or something where heat exchange is a priority (fins). I'd put very little faith in it's rock-resistance.

As far as the aluminum G2, it looks decent, but I just have a mental block about running an aluminum cover at that location. I run Riddlers, they are bomb-proof to say the least. I think if we got Nuke'd we would have Twinkies, roaches and Riddler diff covers lol. I've completely stopped the moving vehicle in it's tracks on the front diff several times. I have absolutely no concerns about their integrity, which is worth a few bucks. I don't think I've ever checked them on the trail, because I know for a fact they are fine.

Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I saw the video on the riddlers, the only choice when running over zombies in the apocalypse. Maybe I'll just get those, change my Dino oil every 15,000 and use the heavy duty oil and call it a day. Unless the riddlers also won't fit due to my rear track bar.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Yup, I saw the video on the riddlers, the only choice when running over zombies in the apocalypse. Maybe I'll just get those, change my Dino oil every 15,000 and use the heavy duty oil and call it a day. Unless the riddlers also won't fit due to my rear track bar.
I ran them with just a coil spacer lift for two years. Never touched the track bar.

Sent via paper airplane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts