JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, fair warning... I am super crabby right now.

Details:

Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX
Maestro RR module
iDatalink RR CH-1 harness

I flashed the fucking module last week at work because that is the only place I have access to a PC.

I connected all of the wires properly using the wiring diagram. There was one wire... black and yellow, maybe, that didn't connect to anything. I watched a couple YouTube videos, they said to cap it off. I did that.

Radio has power, nav starts up, but the fucking module keeps flashing red as though it won't communicate with my 2016 JKU. I have the stupid steering wheel control cable from the Maestro connected to the W/R port on the back of the Pioneer head unit. The blue and yellow cable isn't connected to anything.

I updated the head unit's firmware.

Can anyone tell me why the Maestro keeps flashing red?! Please and thank you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fixed the flashing. Now just have to figure out how to get the Brandmotion camera hooked up.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Tap power off of a reverse light, I suggest the right side for ease of things. The radio should have an input on the rear for video in. That should allow you to have the rear view camera when you put the vehicle reverse.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tap power off of a reverse light, I suggest the right side for ease of things. The radio should have an input on the rear for video in. That should allow you to have the rear view camera when you put the vehicle reverse.
Thanks! The problem I am running into is that my dad wired up the necessary end, plug, connector... whatever you want to call it for a specific port on the back of the 430RBZ. I don't have a spare port of that kind on the aftermarket radio, so he has to remove that connector and, I think, connect it through something else.

That is above my pay grade. I can't believe I figured the stereo out, honestly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts