JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOL:D PENDING FUNDS: M416 Trailer for Sale OR TRADE FOR FIREARMS

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

The trailer has been reassembled and pictures are linked here. There are trailer lights installed for transport, whoever buys the trailer keeps the lights. The trailer is totally black primer so the final color (if any) is up to you.

I have a 1967 Stevens M416 1/4 ton Jeep trailer for sale and I am in the north central Peoples Republic of Illinoistan.

Here's a link tomore pics of the trailer now:

https://picasaweb.google.com/BudontheRoad/JeepTrailer?authkey=Gv1sRgCNfu8If3t5nQDg#

I have completely disassembled the trailer and all holes have been welded or patch welded. All pieces (tub, frame, fenders) have been sandblasted clean and then all pieces (with the exception of the Army wheels) have been primer painted using Rustoleum and they have had two coats applied. The original coat was the red primer, and the final coat is black to match my Jeep Sahara Unlimited. I still have the original lights (they are still green) and the clevis. I have also bought four deep dish spokers in the correct wheel lug pattern (5.5x5) and they have also been sand blasted and primed, two of them have an additional coat of black. They are included in the sale. I have also purchased a clevis hitch (2" tube) that was 'pricey' but I will include it in the sale.

Lots of work has already been done. The only things needed are two new drain plugs for the tub and a brake cable if you want the parking brake operational. If you want to use the military lights, you will need a new military wiring harness or use the four pin harness that I have already installed and change the militsary bulbs to 12volt. . I know where to get both of those items. I also can give you a digital copy of the Army Organizational and Deport level maintenance manual, either on a CD or I will send it by email to you.

I will take $1,500.00 for it and I am willing to trade for firearms I am a legal owner and a retired Police Officer. I do have an Illinois FFL dealer that you can ship to. I like 1911s and pistol caliber lever guns but will consider anything. That is what I probably would have spent the money on anyways.

If you want it delivered, I can (to the lower 48) for $.30 per mile one way. Once I get it to you and deliver it, I will pay my own way back home.

This is a good deal for someone. I was going to finish it off as an off road camper but my wife decided she wanted a shower and she bought a JayCo 17c travel trailer which of course means we don't need the Jeep trailer any longer. We have since sold the Wrangler.

My direct email is (do the obvious)

j DOT harton AT mchsi DOT com

and thanks for looking

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Zoom in on his tag and it says Illinois. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just west of the Baghdad of America, Chicago.

But I deliver

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had an offer but it fell through so it's back on the sale block.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most Illinois citizens have guns, we don't pay much attention to the laws here.

Ask our three incarcerated Governors and one more who gets sentenced this month.
Our politicians all serve two terms, one elected, one sentenced

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump to the top

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try another bump and then put it on the other forums

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trailer is still for sale, ad has been updated

·
Registered
691 Posts
I wish I was closer to you as I'd love to build a nice trailer based off that...

Ben

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I was closer to you as I'd love to build a nice trailer based off that...

Ben
I like Florida and as my ad says, I will deliver, cheap

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ad changed to reflect the completed picturtes

·
Registered