JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title says, i have a blown M38 fuse.

I have a 2007 JK. Yesterday I noticed my power locks quit working. Neither the key nor the switch would lock/unlock. So after looking for some answers, i found out fuse M38 is the one in charge of the power locks. I checked it, and it is blown. So i replaced it and it sparkled when i inserted it in the slot, and blew right away.

So far, i unplugged the tailgate plug, and tested with another fuse, but it blew again.

So, where should i start looking for the short circuit?

Thank you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After reading TIPM failure will cause more problems, i started searching for more functions i could have lost, and i found out the washer pump is not working either.

i read several cases where this same problem (lack of power locks and washer pump) meant a bad TIPM. is there any way of making sure this is the problem before spending the cash on one?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, after some search, i found a used 2007 TIPM for $180. It arrived today, and I replaced it in 15 minutes.

after replacing, i opened the key for 12 seconds per some online instructions i found. then i closed it, and then i turned on the jeep.

It runs normal, and now the window washer pump and powerlocks work... kind of... the locks work with they key fob, but i can only unlock them from the door switches. once unlocked, i cant lock them back withut the fob.

also, i have a check engine, ESP BAS, swerving car, and Airbag lamps ON... would a computer reset with the scanner solve these?? i tried checking for codes, but i got none, using the ON/OFF/ON/OFF/ON key secuence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts