JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here have a lunchbox-style locker in their front diff and still flat-tow their Jeep behind a motorhome, etc?
I'm thinking of putting the aussie locker in my front D30 - but I flat tow quite often...

Thanks...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Phil.
Now to decide between $1500 for a whole new front D44 with elocker, and try to sell my D30, or just go with the aussie locker...
I really dont think I'd get that much for a D30, even with the 4.10 gears in it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Aussie locker are great and will not be effected by flat towing. My brother and friend both run them and i am amazed at how well they work and they go everywhere my Rubicon can go

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i have an Aussie Locker in the front on my ZJ. been running it for about 3 years, now. the only way it lets you know its there in 2wd is the ratcheting sound. otherwise, it is transparent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have an Aussie Locker in the front on my ZJ. been running it for about 3 years, now. the only way it lets you know its there in 2wd is the ratcheting sound. otherwise, it is transparent.
You mean it ratchets in 2wd?

·
Registered
749 Posts
You mean it ratchets in 2wd?

The only thing I feel in 2WD is on a lock to lock turn a very small thump that lets me know it's there. I actually hear no ratcheting sound. Awesome locker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts