JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a jku that had an engine fire and am going with a gm 6.0 backed with a 4l80. I'm not trying to buy a conversion kit, I will be running a stand alone engine harness and an a Ez wire body harness if someone can help me out with trying to get the headlight and wiper stick working it would be much appreciated. I have all of the tail lights, Windows, door locks and hvac system wired up just having a little trouble with the switches mentioned above. Old and crusty vs new n sexy, should make good power lq9 with 243 heads, Btr stage 3 ls2 cam, ls7 lifters flowing through a custom set of headers that I will be building.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The nature of your issue is vague.
I have 0 experience with EZ wire; these are assumptions.
The harness is one of 6 or 8 made for GM with gm connectors.
The harness does not use jeep canbus or bcm.

What I know:
Jeep powers headlights pwm style through canbus.
Wipers also run through canbus.

What we do not know:
How does your harness route power and grounds to the wiper motor and to headlights?
Ezwire had a reputation for weak connections at terminations. Did you inspect yours?
Did you use multi meter to verify power?
What did ezwire tech support say?
I read some earlier reviews and experiences before I called Motech. The one I remember said he spent a month routing and rerouting, ended up buying a stand alone harness for vehicle lights and ezharness's windshield wiper set up.
It was not for a jk, maybe not relevent.

As an aside, how do your abs, dashlights traction control and airbags work with this?
Good luck on build.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, our shop has been useing ezwire for a few years now with absolutely no issues. We have done over 20 ls swaps but all in classic vehicles so none of this canbus crap to deal with. You were asking about the abs, and traction controls, the jeep will not have abs installing master cylinder with portioning valve and the cluster will be all auto meter guages so no lights it's gonna be a bare bones setup. I was thinking that maybe the turn signal and wiper switch would work from an xj I just need to hit up my local yard and do some digging. I will try and keep this thread updated

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry wrong pic, I was useing it for reference, tried uploading the pic but keeps telling me error maybe it's to big

·
Registered
519 Posts
Very interested in your project. Please keep us updated with your project.

I am about to build a JK with LS3 and 4L80e tran using GM connect and drive wire system which is original factory wiring harness.

Just want to get rid of all the jeep electroinic crap abs, computer, traction all of it. Just looking for option how to use basic JK body electronics which are turn signal indicator, windows, and heater and rear lights.

For lights, and wiper i will have seperate switch and also deleting air con. Also using seperate gauges for fuel, rpm, speedo, and temp.

Genright teramoto and river rider have done this project but i cant find detailed info

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
I want to see where this goes. Phase 2 of my build is going to be ripping out all the stock electronics. I'm sick of it all. I just need to get phase 1 going (LS and susp) with the stock wiring.

subscribed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts