JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody provide me with which manual transmission is gonna be the best for Ls swap ...I heard that you can use TJ bellhousing and keep stock transmission and in the end I will still have a weak transmission...Jeep is 2007 rubicon 2 door with stock manual....I will not even concider automatic ...it has to be something there that will work ...I know HEMIs got options for manual...but I want the LS swap ..so any info would help... videos pictures anything ..what model Tranny ...thanks in advance...first post here hopefully I don’t get in trouble...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will need to check on T56 I know they have TR6060 but super expensive ...I can get the swap done for 20k but that’s with automatic ...2 places quoted me 26k with manual Tranny

·
Registered
14 Posts
They make an adapter that replaces the tail shaft of a T56, but they also have an aluminum version of the NV4500 and the Transzilla 6060. I would think any of those would live behind an LS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think tranzila tr6060 was like 6500$ or so ...I’m gonna call tomorrow and find out which one is the cheapest ...I had T56 and it’s a great transmission...

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I think tranzila tr6060 was like 6500$ or so ...I’m gonna call tomorrow and find out which one is the cheapest ...I had T56 and it’s a great transmission...
Yeah that's why I ended up going hemi w. g238. Brand new trans. for about half that.

I think RSG also regear them. They'd need to - stock T56 is too high for big tires.

LS w. T56 would be awesome no doubt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How’s the hemi and 238 holding up ...one of the shops quoted me 27500$ if I remember correctly for everything ...all new ...do you have any overheating issues ...people are bashing on HEMIs which I think it’s crazy..they are great in my opinion ..I have 2013 ram with 250k and not a single issue...we have some with over 500k and we used them for pilot cars ...my fiend has one with over 650k and still holding up ...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hemi and a Manual is the only way to go, I think. Even tho we can not do them in California yet, at least legally.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know the 1999ish Chevrolet 2500 trucks could get a 6.0 with the NVG4500 manual 5 speed (with a granny first gear). I’ve not seen someone drop one in, but advance adapters might be able to help out there to mate one up in your Jeep. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
Well, you said best so......

Weismann makes a 6 speed sequential 4wd transmission. Gonna run you around 30k.

·
Registered
422 Posts
One of my friends bought one of the last Duramax with 6 speed manual. I think it's a 2002 and now has around 270K on it. Just replaced original clutch and trans looked great. He tows his rock Crawler quite a bit with it.

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts
One of my friends bought one of the last Duramax with 6 speed manual. I think it's a 2002 and now has around 270K on it. Just replaced original clutch and trans looked great. He tows his rock Crawler quite a bit with it.
I've got that same transmission in my 2001 2500HD w/8.1 gasser. Tow pig. I think it's a fantastic trans. Would be great in an LS Jeep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts