JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 jeep jku one tons 40’s
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently my 3.8 started having cylinder 6 misfire problems, changed plugs, coil, wires and still had them, some a compression test and #6 was a little over 30. So I’m about to pull it out and start my 6.0/4l80e swap. I live in a county that doesn’t require emissions any longer, so my plan is to go with Holley terminator max for the engine and trans, strip all of the stock wiring from the jeep and do a painless wiring chassis kit, like a hot rod, I don’t mind about not having ac right now, I’ll just need heat. Has anyone on here done this that has any tips? Here are a few pics of the jeep now

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nope...everything in your JK uses CanBus so nothing will work and you will have a mess.
Do a 6.2 and a 6l80e...better combination.

Just get a kit from
Overland Performance
John Schumacher
13427 PACES Pointe Drive.
GONZALES, LA 70737
225-304-6288

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope...everything in your JK uses CanBus so nothing will work and you will have a mess.

Just get a kit from
Overland Performance
John Schumacher
GONZALES, LA 70737
225-304-6288
Thanks for the reply, im not planning on using anything from the jeep canbus, everything will be wired all on it’s own, Holley will run the engine and trans and all my gauges, planning to custom wire the rest

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just get a kit from
Overland Performance
John Schumacher
GONZALES, LA 70737
225-304-6288
But I’ll check out their kit, thanks for adding that. The reason I’m doing the 6.0 4L80e is the price I can get it for and the Holley I want works with them. This is pretty much a weekend rig and gonna be more trail, thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot! To be honest it wasn’t bad, I had 37’s on 5.13 gears and now it’s 40’s with 5.38, it feels about the same. Actually can move pretty decent for a pig and still run 70 easily. Now with the 6.0 I’ll be going to 43’s because it should make a lot more power

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Dude good luck with the swap , it should be super bad ass when you're done. The Holey Terminator is pretty advanced . it should be able to run the air-conditioning too . just need to wire it correctly and program it

·
V8 dreams
3,573 Posts
the AC is the only thing keeping me from doing the same.

Sweet rig btw.

dad and i did a cam in my ZL1 and i think I’d enjoy him showing me the ropes on building an LS in the JKU like a hot rod…but that damn AC. Mine has to perform partial DD duties

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Little update, things are a little slow waiting on parts to come in, I picked up my 6.0 and 4l80e, ordered Holley terminator max x, Holley 6.86 screen, black sheet metal intake with 102mm tb and fuel rails, bbk 5th gen Camaro headers, BTR truck norris cam kit, all of the gaskets needed, trying to decide on which engine and trans mounts to use then order the transfer case adapter.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did the 6.0 on mine and hot rod harness. Kept the stock injection on the 6.0 and upgraded the cam and internals in the heads. Love the power on 43 inch tires. As for ac you should look at how genright did their yellow Jeep with their aluminum dash kit and ac/heat options. Really good build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot! Sounds like what I’m doing, waiting on the heads to be assembled now and doing cam bearings, I’ll check out their ac, and I definitely want 43’s
I did the 6.0 on mine and hot rod harness. Kept the stock injection on the 6.0 and upgraded the cam and internals in the heads. Love the power on 43 inch tires. As for ac you should look at how genright did their yellow Jeep with their aluminum dash kit and ac/heat options. Really good build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you stay with the 6.0 heads or swap them for 5.3 706 for more bottom end? They are supposed to give better numbers up to 5500. Not being a race engine the grunt would be nice.
I kept the 317’s, all of my buddies said to stay away from the 706, I think they crack. I have a cam from BTR, all I have left to do on the engine is change cam bearings then it can go back together and be ready to go in

1 - 17 of 17 Posts