JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all LS swap veterans! Finishing up my swap and I'm having can bus issues. No speedo,fuel gauge,air bag light, esp and traction lights, can't get my ac to run with JSS Prndl ac box (have it wired correctly). Also two U codes U1440 & U140E.
I worked my own harness with everything correct as far as I know. I'm checking all can bus lines for issues. I verified all interior can bus lines twisted wt/or & wt wires. No breaks or shorts.
I'm in the middle of checking twisted wt/lg & wt/lb. Just curious if this sounds more like I need to have the tipm flashed. Also no problems with fuel or speedo before swap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope so this is getting tiresome! Yea I talked to him awhile back no luck. I've talked to Jon at RPM and his thoughts were tipm reprogram. I'm just trying to get a second opinion. I finished testing the fan bus and found no issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year LS are you swapping? I'm trying to collect all the info I can to put an '04 LS in my '07JKU.
First off take it from me don't use a gen3. The gen 4 is far superior and much easier to integrate into the jeep. You don't have to use the 6l80 with all gen 4 but it is the best choice. I'm using a ls2 with a 08 Pontiac g8 gt computer. You can ask me anything but I'm not the best for sure. Jon at RPM Extreme is the man to talk to. He was making wiring kits for the gen3.

Jon remember I have readings on all pids pertaining to everything on the c300 cam lock. Fuel and speed all show on my scanner? This is crazy lol I just want to enjoy it for crying out loud. I should have bought a harness! Lesson learned.

726 Posts
First off take it from me don't use a gen3. The gen 4 is far superior and much easier to integrate into the jeep. You don't have to use the 6l80 with all gen 4 but it is the best choice. I'm using a ls2 with a 08 Pontiac g8 gt computer. You can ask me anything but I'm not the best for sure. Jon at RPM Extreme is the man to talk to. He was making wiring kits for the gen3.

Jon remember I have readings on all pids pertaining to everything on the c300 cam lock. Fuel and speed all show on my scanner? This is crazy lol I just want to enjoy it for crying out loud. I should have bought a harness! Lesson learned.
Can you look directly at the IPC cluster and read the correct data or are you looking at a different module to find this data? All the modules are on the bus and can see and use whatever data they want, If you have data at the ECM and TIPM and not at the IPC then you may have a canbus wiring issue to the IPC. Check and be sure you have can high and can low correct, polarity matters. But Im not exactly sure why you would have even cut into or modified the canbus.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Can you look directly at the IPC cluster and read the correct data or are you looking at a different module to find this data? All the modules are on the bus and can see and use whatever data they want, If you have data at the ECM and TIPM and not at the IPC then you may have a canbus wiring issue to the IPC. Check and be sure you have can high and can low correct, polarity matters. But Im not exactly sure why you would have even cut into or modified the canbus.
Yea I never cut any can bus. I also checked continuity of the interior can bus from the tipm to IPC with no faults. I'll check data on the IPC this afternoon and get back to ya.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok Jon I checked out my data today. I found no mph pid on the cluster data I found a mph on the pcm engine data but it shows nothing while driving. I got data on abs module with mph perfect on all 4 sensors. Found a third code I must have missed the first time B222C configuration not programmed.

I did run into a crank sensor problem in the beginning and I had a second jk Pcm same year that I installed. It didn't help so I put it back in doner jk and found my bad signal wire. Wondering if that messed up communication with the tipm.

I think I'm going to take it to the dealer but they want me to drop it off and I'm not to excited about that. I had a bad Ls pcm when I first tried to start the jeep after the swap and I couldn't dial in my tach resolution before the tipm stopped doing one touch start. So when I take it to them they will flash and it will return to starter over run. Lol I know I'm a mess!!

726 Posts
I have swapped PCMs several times and never had a long term issue. If one of the modules saw the wrong vin number it would report a code of some sort but should still function.

You should be able to read the vehicle speed in the PCM, IPC and TIPM as well as the ABS module. They all get the info on the canbus from the ABS module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates? Is the JSS PRNDL ac box required for the AC to work? My guy that installed 5.3 in my wifes jeep cant seem to get ac to work (among other things) and we really want it functional.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts