JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as much as i love the JK, i still love my '98 disco. i've done a few mods to it, 3" lift and 33's, but i mostly use it to haul my two youngins around. it's been a good truck but it does need some attention.

and with the 33's

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Very nice Mike.

I don't think anyone that has watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and such while growing up can say bad things of the Disco's just because it has that Daktari look. :bounce:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Michael. there's just something about those LR's that scream safari. the first three pics were at Hollister. i was suprised that the truck went through the crevice as well as it did. it's unlocked and doesn't have any fancy traction control.

·
Registered
749 Posts
thanks Michael. there's just something about those LR's that scream safari. the first three pics were at Hollister. i was suprised that the truck went through the crevice as well as it did. it's unlocked and doesn't have any fancy traction control.
Very very nice Disco,...definitely some serious pic's,.....don't need lockers if you can keep all 4 on the ground, and you did.:beer:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
here's our last trip to hollister with the NCLR club. my disco is the last one in the video in the ditch all crossed up. amazingly, the last spot in the video is the only part that stopped forward progress. i was able to get out of it on my own.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=205045&fr=

·
Registered
749 Posts
Excellent Vid,..everybody that views this will see different things,..the neat thing was the Spotter's Shadow of his arms/hands for the Range Rover & the driver paying close attention.:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cool Vid Monty and great crossed up shot of yours at the end.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys! i should have more pics/ vids coming from next weekends first annual meet there at hollister. but, i need to get out in the jk Joe. did you think about the trails Michael W posted.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the lift is from Rovertym. they're highly regarded in the LR community. their kits, bumpers and accessories are top notch and the guys there are easy to purchase from and they have great customer service. LR stuff is pretty pricey though.

here's the link

http://www.rovertym.com/

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'm gonna dig this up, because I gotta ask....

Mike,
which engine does your Disco have? I was looking pretty hard a year ago before I bought the JK. it was my fall-back if the stuff with the bank fell through.... and if I ever decide to sell my ZJ, I'll be looking for one I think.

I kind of thought to look for one slightly newer (Disco II?) with the 4.6, but I'm kinda curious how yours has held up with the 33s. Any towing?

thx. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts