JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear lower shock mounts are taking a pounding. I did'nt think it would be a problem since they are close to the wheel but sliding off of rocks makes it a problem. I read somewhere about skids for the lower brackets. I thought that they might be a gimmick but judging by the damage they seem to be a viable option. Is anyone using these or just living with the damage? To bad the brackets are so low. Here's a pic of one of the shocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Amazing.

I guess everything is vulnerable to a point...

I may need to rethink learning about rock crawling, Or win the Lotto! :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
You see where it's welded on, cut the welds off and move the bracket up and cut the bottom of the other bracket it's welded to off.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Kilby makes the Trail Boss shock mount skids...this is what you should have had, or should get...

View attachment 1001

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Better to take off or move than to add more things to hang up on.

Just my opinion.

Paul
If you're into slicing and dicing, that's fine...if you want simple bolt on protection, these can be a solution.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
polyperfomance's lower mounts are a good option too
I didn't know they made them as well...access to their web site(s) is impossible, for some reason.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Vendor
1,316 Posts
I've been thinking about coming up with a kit that will raise the lower shock mounts. You'll then be able to cut off the lower part increasing clearance.

Looking to see if there's any interest in this.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'd be interested in this (if I don't have to pay by Google checkout). I don't mind getting things cut-up on my Jeep except the body.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the Poly or Treks shock mount option. Higher is better.

Thanks to everyone for the information. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm also interested.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts