JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my 07 in for a Hemi conversion here in Phoenix. Will keep folks updated. This shop claims to be much less expensive than others with higher quality. Don't want to break forum rules, so won't mention name or site, but looking forward to a power solution than could benefit those wanting to scuttle their older and higher mileage 3.8's...

· Registered
6,203 Posts
Taking my 07 in for a Hemi conversion here in Phoenix. Will keep folks updated. This shop claims to be much less expensive than others with higher quality. Don't want to break forum rules, so won't mention name or site, but looking forward to a power solution than could benefit those wanting to scuttle their older and higher mileage 3.8's...
Wrong forum man... please mention the shop and site WITHOUT BROKEN LINKS lol.

As long as you're not the shop pretending to be a customer all is good :beer:

· Banned
7,451 Posts
Ain't no fucking thing as a "low cost" hemi swap unless you wipe your ass with hundred dollar bills.

Can we get a thread move here? Not a fuckin ounce of tech in this thread anywhere that I can see.

What I do see is a guy looking for permission to name a shop that says they'll do a cheap(er) hemi swap. Nothin wrong with that, but it sure as hell ain't tech.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine is a near new VVT 5.7 Hemi to keep comparisons similar with other shops/options.

Feel free to move thread wherever it fits best, but seemed to make sense that another V8 build option would appeal to the Modified crowd, with or without a lot of "fuckin' tech."

For sure, will have some tech upcoming as the build commences and decisions come up with custom headers, exhaust, tranny and tune options.

· Registered
2,333 Posts
Ain't no fucking thing as a "low cost" hemi swap unless you wipe your ass with hundred dollar bills.

Can we get a thread move here? Not a fuckin ounce of tech in this thread anywhere that I can see.

What I do see is a guy looking for permission to name a shop that says they'll do a cheap(er) hemi swap. Nothin wrong with that, but it sure as hell ain't tech.
I guess that's why you're here.

JSS does swaps for less, or you can put together your own swap for about $12k with one of the popular kits.

· Registered
7,300 Posts
Does anyone know the approximate cost to do it at home compared to this, JSS, and others that may be in this business?
I remember reading some people getting away under 10K but that is really hard for me to believe. I guess it all depends on the donor engine/trans costs.

Abendx - are you going to keep your "JK" smog legal? If not, your cheapest route is to gut the thing, and just do a stand alone LS. New gauges etc... ala River Raider's project Phoenix. That way no chrysler head aches and you dont have to buy a swap kit.

· Registered
1,188 Posts

DAN!!!!!!,, do us a favor, and wash your mouth out with buckshot. :flipoff:

· Registered
1,188 Posts
I remember reading some people getting away under 10K but that is really hard for me to believe. I guess it all depends on the donor engine/trans costs.

Abendx - are you going to keep your "JK" smog legal? If not, your cheapest route is to gut the thing, and just do a stand alone LS. New gauges etc... ala River Raider's project Phoenix. That way no chrysler head aches and you dont have to buy a swap kit.
I was thinking for this when my 3.8 dies,, what would you think the cost would be on something like this.

· Registered
7,300 Posts
I was thinking for this when my 3.8 dies,, what would you think the cost would be on something like this.
Depends on the donor parts again. On the high side, 6.2 motors with all of the wiring ecu and trans go for about ~8K right now. On the low side, you can pick up a junk yard 5.3 or 6.0 short block for about 500 bucks

Going this route and doing the labor/fab yourself, it will most definately be under 10K (6.2 route excluded) but remember you are giving up all factory electronics i.e. the dash becomes nothing more than what gauges you choose to install.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Depends on the donor parts again. On the high side, 6.2 motors with all of the wiring ecu and trans go for about ~8K right now. On the low side, you can pick up a junk yard 5.3 or 6.0 short block for about 500 bucks

Going this route and doing the labor/fab yourself, it will most definately be under 10K (6.2 route excluded) but remember you are giving up all factory electronics i.e. the dash becomes nothing more than what gauges you choose to install.
Having to change out the gauges wouldn't bother me. But losing whatever else in the Jeep that needs to see a happy running motor to function properly would bother me.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.