JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every once and a while my low beams will flicker on and off, or turn off all together. When this happens it doesn't affect any other light, I still have high beams, dash lights, everything... It's just my low beam. Curious if anyone has ran into this? What was it? The headlight switch o bad ground? And if a ground, where do I look? My head lights are also retarded dim... Always have for as long as I can remember

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Well inspect the bulbs for reasons the headlight is dim. I hated my headlights and did the h4 conversion. Love my lights now.

As far as flickering of the low beam and goes off completely I would guess that it is the switch. If you know someone willing to trade switches just to trouble shoot would be a good way to start. Otherwise it will be a process of elimination. May have to chase down the wiring harness to see if you can spot a problem. I would start from the headlight to identify wire color for low beam and go from there.

Hopefully someone will chime in with experience with this same problem. Good luck.

I guess your out of warranty? I would check with the dealer to see if they could search Chrysler data base for any recalls or service bulletins on this as well.

That's all I got for you it's not much so sorry for that....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tonight, my driverside headlight went out and the passanger stayed on and i lost high beams as well. i really dont want to take it to the dealer but i might have too. warranty just ran out (of course)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a similar problem. My fog lights flicker and almost go out then come back on. Also, when my fogs are on, I can't turn my some light on. My blinkers usually cause the dash to blink dim and bright. I believe its in the switch somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts