JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I get a phone call this morning at approximately 0915 from a 1-800 number. I'm thinking it's some dumb solicitor calling about how I can save on their shit, nope. It was from USAA asking me if I still had my check card. I scramble out of bed and rush to my pants, open the wallet and yup, it's right there. I ask why and then I get the question of "You're not in Indiana are you Sergeant?" I tell the kind lady that I am not and ask what the situation is. She then proceeds to tell me that apparently in Indiana, my card was used to purchase 2 things at WalMart for $180 dollars total and some McDonalds shortly there after around 2300-ish their time. I ask if it was in store or online. She tells me it was an in store purchase. Mother of God, how fucking dumb are you that when someone says, "I don't have my card, can I plug in some numbers?", that you don't report it or say no? Full on retard right there. I am happy though because the last time I used my card was at 2100-ish my time for a Mountain Dew and a gallon of milk. So only 12 hours goes by before USAA freezes the card and calls me. GO USAA!

Long story short, I get to wait 7-10 days for a new bank card, get the money back and have to now backtrack where the hell they could have got my card info. The only places I can think of is somewhere online from crap I ordered for the wife over X-Mas or the local gas station I always fill up at here. I wish I knew EXACTLY where because I'd pull the little douche over, yank him from his car and institute a Big Mac sized ass kicking by cramming my WalMart sized foot so far down his piss pipe that he'd have to shit his own balls out to relieve the pain. Fucking low life, pieces of abortion clinic dumpster scum... piss me off. :pissed:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wish I knew EXACTLY where because I'd pull the little douche over, yank him from his car and institute a Big Mac sized ass kicking by cramming my WalMart sized foot so far down his piss pipe that he'd have to shit his own balls out to relieve the pain. Fucking low life, pieces of abortion clinic dumpster scum... piss me off. :pissed:

well put and very creative

·
Registered
489 Posts
I agree with you. USAA KICKS ASS!!!!

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
thye wont be caught. banks would rather just give you the money back and call it a day, theres to many ways to get card numbers for them to care. it sucks. theres websites where you can buy peoples cc numbers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
not usaa but my credit union I deal with did the same thing to me except someone was in hong kong trying to by stuff on a friday night so I had to wait until monday to go in to request for a new card

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah, dude was probably nowhere around you, bought it off a website or something.

USAA does a good job... ex wife number two was out on a spending spree one day.... she went to use the card again for another purchase only to find out that USAA had shut the card down. Phone call cleared it all up but good to know they are on top of things.

Interesting how banks know these things, my number got jacked and it was local, within an hr they called wanting to know if is was 20 miles from my house buying beauty supplies.... ummmm, "Nope there ain't no fixing this ugly". Had to sign an affadavit stating it wasn't me, and that was the last I heard of it.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
USAA is a great company, I had them since '87. Mostly for insurance and investing with a little banking tossed in. Navy Federal Credit Union is also a great bank for military personnel. Twice in the past two weeks they have frozen my credit card due to questionable transactions and called me. Both were valid and the freeze was lifted quickly after a short phone call. I would much rather be somewhat inconvienced than sorry.

I've always read it is better to use a credit card over a debit card because your protected better if someone gets a hold of your numbers.

Good on USAA on calling you. :beer:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The mag strips on credit cards that hold the card info is same technology as the old audio tapes. When you swipe a card the reader is really just like a tape recorder head.

Remember how easy it was to record an old 12" album to tape? It's no harder to "record" data on to a credit card. I bet money there was a card present with your number on it, just not the one in your wallet.

Most of the stolen card data is harvested from retail outlets and not online stores. It's pretty sophisticated, they hack into the networks connecting say a gas station chain and install sniffing software that captures the card info and sends it to offshore servers.

The FBI are not after the people who buy stolen numbers they go after the guys capturing that data.

FWIW credit cards are safer than cash in my opinion. As long as you notice and report it to the card company you are not liable by law and the most it will cost you is $50.00 per card. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre04.shtm. Someone steals your cash and there is no way to get it back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a call last spring when someone bought a $300 EuroRail pass on my check card. Suntrust was very on top of the deal and had my card immediately canceled and had my $ back in less than a week.

·
Registered
170 Posts
USAA is awesome. Best financial service company around.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love USAA.

Couple years ago I was T-boned in my Grand Cherokee. I was fine but the Grand was totalled. An adjuster saw it the same day, and they direct deposited the replacement $$ in my account the next day.

We do all of our banking, investing, and insurance through USAA.

I got to drive past their HQ building this last summer while on a trip to San Antonio. That building is HUGE!!!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I love usaa and have them for everything!!! My father is a retired lieutenant commander from the coast guard and has had them for 60 some odd years!

Sent via horse and buggy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.