JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened...
I lost one of the keys to the Jeep!
The local dealers want $195 for a new key and then charge around $50 extra to program it to my jeep...FAWK! :pissed:

DON'T LOSE YOUR KEY !!

·
Registered
356 Posts
WoW!! They bumped that price up!! List on those is only about $145.00 depending on the key. There is about 3 differant ones. If you want get me the last 9 of the vin and I can check it out. Your price on the average key would be about $108.00. Let me know

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
WoW!! They bumped that price up!! List on those is only about $145.00 depending on the key. There is about 3 differant ones. If you want get me the last 9 of the vin and I can check it out. Your price on the average key would be about $108.00. Let me know
Thanks for being the exception to the rule when it comes to dealer/customer relations. Appreciate it.:beer:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks man!
Why dealers don't want to support the people that have a love for the vehicles they sell is beond me.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zack You're the man!! New key arrived today. Now to see if the dealer from whom I bought the jeep will program it as a "courtesy". The local crooks (Tuttle-Click) wanted $60!! to put the key in a machine and push some buttons!!

Thanks again to Zack & Pro Jeep !

·
Registered
8 Posts
remote key

Several websites can sell you a remote key blank. Take it to any Chrysler dealer to have programs. I saved mucho $$$$

·
Registered
439 Posts
There's not even any need to have the key programmed at the dealer. In the manual I believe it tells you how to program your own. If I'm wrong on that, somewhere there's a write up of how to do it. It's one of those ridiculous things, where you turn the engine to run, clap your hands three times, hop out, do the hokey pokey and then the horn beeps, but it can be done without a trip to the dealer as I recall. Someone feel free to chime in if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
can you just get a normal key without the remote on it i hate using that big ass birth control key i dont mind putting my key in the door to get in the jeep

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
There's not even any need to have the key programmed at the dealer. In the manual I believe it tells you how to program your own. If I'm wrong on that, somewhere there's a write up of how to do it. It's one of those ridiculous things, where you turn the engine to run, clap your hands three times, hop out, do the hokey pokey and then the horn beeps, but it can be done without a trip to the dealer as I recall. Someone feel free to chime in if I'm wrong.
:lol:yeah but you need BOTH keys to do the hokey pokey;)

Bought one for $18 at https://www.ikeyless.com/. The dealership programed it for free when they did a tsb.
Good price. That one would be good for a spare but it doesn't have the keyless remote.

can you just get a normal key without the remote on it i hate using that big ass birth control key i dont mind putting my key in the door to get in the jeep
ha ha that's funny, we've had ours almost two years and I don't think I've ever stuck the key in the door lock. Although I disabled the annoying beep as soon as I found out how to do the hokey pokey on it:).

·
Registered
51 Posts
i dont understand this whole door thing.. you got doors with your jeeps? i think i got ripped off!!!:D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts