JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't drove the Jeep for the past week since I am now using the wife's old car since she got a new one. Fired it up yesterday to move it out of the driveway and the headlights stay on and no controls on the steering wheel levers work. Horn works but no turn signals, windshield wiper,or headlight controls work. The instrument dimming function and interior light function on my left lever stopped working a year or so ago. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The first 2 things that spring to mind are bad clockspring and confused computer.

Easiest first, reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so, then see if they come good.

Check for any stored codes.

It's unusual for a clockspring to take out everything at once, so that is less likely, but not impossible.

Check for earth connections under the dash, loose earths can cause strange problems.

Good luck.

Lastly, take it to a stealer for them to check?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the connection at the computer.... driver side inner fender. My connection came loose and all sorts of crazy was going on with mine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That sucks to hear. Hit me up if you want some help troubleshooting. I'll be working late tonight but any day later this week should work. I'll even bring some beer

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
So, both the wiper side and the light side aren't working? I had my multifunction switch for the lights go bad and had to replace it. They're not that pricey.

Can't remember if my wiper switch worked, but all I had to replace was the left hand stalk.

·
415 Posts
if ur using a diablo tuner check with them first
mine got all fuckerd with the last tune.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts