JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I own a 2013 JKU Rubicon. Here is my problem, I have lost the use of several electronically controled items. Lockers, sway bar disconnect, all steering wheel controls except cruise control, horn, descent control, 120 volt inverter switch, and ESC disable switch. I lost these functions while driving in town and noticed that i could no longerr control radio functions with the steering wheel. The next day I went on a wheeling trip and noticed the loss of sway bar disconnect, lockers, decent control, horn etc. Has anyone else experianced this? I am going to have to take it into the dealership and see if they can figure it out unless someone has some insight into this issue.

Thanks
Dan

· Premium Member
211 Posts
I had this happen on my '11 Rubicon. It also took out my headlights, turn signals, etc. My issue ended up being with one of the silver fuse/relay in the main fuse block next to the battery. I say "silver fuse/relay" because I don't remember what it was. Silver metal with two spade connectors. I removed it, blew out the fitting, cleaned the contacts, then re-inserted. Everything came back after that. No problem since.

· Registered
42 Posts
Well if it were me I would get it documented with the dealer. Something like that could come back at anytime, or could be a symptom of a bigger problem, such as a computer module. At least if it is documented, you have some proof that it was there before you did any new mods.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked jeep up from Dealership this afternoon. Electrical issues were caused by a bad instrument cluster. Tech also found some shorted wires in the dome light circut and repaired them also. Also updated PCM. Thanks to Tara and the service department at Billion Dodge in Bozeman (AEV Dealership) for great service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.