JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow JKrs,

I'm planning on installing a 2.5" Max Travel Rock Krawler lift kit on my JK10 Unlimited Sport over Labor Day weekend. I haven't regeared, but was looking to throw some bigger and more proficient AT's on after the lift. The Jeep is my daily driver, but I try to hit the trails as frequently as possible (both mud and rock). I'm looking at some ATX 17x9 wheels and considering the 33" or 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers or Toyo Open Country ATs. The only hesitation on the 35"s is if my front axle can handle them without a regear. Should I lean one way or the other on either make of tire? Any and all suggestions are welcome. If there's something I totally missed, clue me in.

Additionally, winters here can be brutal so snow will be a factor.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
My take on this get a set for summer and winter, esp as the Toyo MT's suck IMO in the winter....

If you can I'd get Dura tracks for winter..can't get better..then MTR's for the trail -summer use.. or the MTR's if you only can get 1.

·
Jeepineer
1,495 Posts
The duratrac is one of the highest rates AT's all around, and a very good performing tire. They are exceptional in the snow. I would recommend these for a DD.

I personally love my MTR-k's but they suck when there is a light dusting of snow. After .75+" of snow though the jeep is a tank. For the trail they are an awesome tire, hands down. Less recommended for a DD however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts