JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on "the site which shall not be named".
Anyone know who makes it?
The only response over there was someone saying "Forge Industries" and to get it off of ebay.
I scrounged and couldn't find anything.
Anyone know where to get it?
I think it would look GREAT with my offroad heros top!
I guess I could always make my own if I can't find it.
Anyone who's changed to a carrier bumper have their stock bracket sitting around and wanna donate it to the experiment? :grinpimp:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Anyone who's changed to a carrier bumper have their stock bracket sitting around and wanna donate it to the experiment? :grinpimp:
If you pay shipping I have one you can have. But I'm guessing building on from scratch or making some sort fo angled adapter for the stock one would be easier than changing a stock one.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got some info on it
that was the prototype, it's been in field testing and is about to go into production - price should be around $125 + shipping. Will be sold through ebay and forums.
1/4" steel with a gasket to protect paint carries up to a 35" tire, looks pretty nice in the closer pics.
PhilD on here was kind enough to sport me a spare stock unit and I'm gonna try to fab my own up off of it, if I can't then I'll be ordering one from Forge Industries.
PM me if you want the guys email address, I just don't wanna post it publicly if he's not ready for it to go public.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Ok, enlighten me.

I don't see the attraction to this mount. Looks like a rock hook to me.

So why do you guys like this?

My all time favorite is still Brad's tire carrier for the TJ. A lot like the poison spider one that looks like you could use it to slide off of ledges.

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with one that utilizes the corners as a mounting location.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
I don't see the attraction to this mount. Looks like a rock hook to me.
I don't see the attraction either, but I've long since discovered that my tastes aren't always the same as everyone else's. and I also wonder how close the tire would be to a hard or soft top?

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Yep, if it's purely a taste thing then that is fine. Not dissing anyone's opinion just curious if it was more than that and what it was. :beer:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I can see two trains of though to pro and con. Pro it tilts and shifts it up more so it will be less proned to getting hit. Con if your departured angle is to great and you do make contact with it, it should act more like a lever due to the angle and rip the mounts out of the tailgate. As oppossed to the stock one flexing straight up and bending the tailgate. I guess I will be the one to ask if any one see the problem of still having a 35" tire and mount still just hanging off the tail gate? I mean I actually like the looks but just from having the rubi wheel and tire on the back of mine I noticed it shifted a bit. I know the JK gate is way beller than the TJ but after a few years with that much weight and wheeling I can't help to think it will flex just the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts