JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for pics of 33" tires on a 2.5" lift

My wife wants a lift kit for her jeep, for her birthday this August, and I am leaning heavily towards starting out with the Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod System.

Currently the JK has Duratrac 285/70R/17's on them which were new last September so I don't plan on changing them in the near future.

Just don't want to install the lift kit and then have the wheels look too small. All the pics I've seen have 35" wheels.

Much appreciated if you could post the brand and type of kit (ie. RK 2.5 Stock Mod System) you have and the brand and tire size (ie Goodyear Duratrac 285/r70/17) that you have.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great! Keep em coming.

P.S. I just found an easy way to re-size extremely large pics when viewing a thread (read this in another thread)....

press ctrl- to make everything smaller and ctrl+ to go back to the original size.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
2" old man emu lift (got more than 2" out of it), 285/70r17 duratracs, and cut fenders:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can post up some tomorrow as I have been doing my lift today (well the back today) and plan to finish it tomorrow. It is a 4dr with Kelly TSR 287/70-17 tires.

·
Registered
70 Posts

on 3.5" lift, with 32s, now have 35s and no problems with rubbing

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
well worn 33's so probably very close on tires..

2.5 coil lift netted about 3-3.25

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
TF 2.5 lift w Pro Comp 33 A/T's

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have to say that you have one kick ass build.
Thanks....

i would like to see more pix of different angles because i am thinking i want 33's with a rk 2.5 lift cuz 35's are not cheap
Let me know if you want a specific shots and I'll do what I can. I will say while 33s are cheaper than 35s buying 33s and then 6 months later wanting 35s is more expensive. :)

I added the c-gussets and new gears this month so I'm ready for 35"s but since its my wife's Jeep the 33s will stay until they wear out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its looking like the 33" tire is the perfect size to go along with a 2.5" lift with original fenders.

Not too big and definitely not too small.

Right now I would say that my Duratrac 285/70/17's look a little big stuffed into the stock height wheel wells...

but from all the pics I've seen here, with a RK 2.5" lift kit, they'll look perfect.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts