JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to locate the original owner of this jk. It came outta fl them went to Alabama. Then I bought it, I'm in tn and just trying to
Find out a little history on it.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
That jeep was here in Hattiesburg at SE Auto brokers, was on their lots for about 2 months. 3 bald tires, 1 new one. Some RK lift parts but some other parts in there too. Thought the fenders were interesting, though I wondered what caused the sticker wrinkling on the passenger side. Was it regeared for the 37s?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That jeep was here in Hattiesburg at SE Auto brokers, was on their lots for about 2 months. 3 bald tires, 1 new one. Some RK lift parts but some other parts in there too. Thought the fenders were interesting, though I wondered what caused the sticker wrinkling on the passenger side. Was it regeared for the 37s?
Yea the rubicon stickers are shot. Ordered new ones the other day. I bought in in Jackson ms. I haven't pulled the read diff cover and counted teeth but by the gear ratio chart and by my rpm's at 70 mph it appears to been re geared with Atleast 4:88's. I still can't figure out why it didn't sell for nearly 2 months down there.

It is like new and runs great. And for what I gave I can't understand why nobody didn't jump all over it

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
. I still can't figure out why it didn't sell for nearly 2 months down there.

It is like new and runs great. And for what I gave I can't understand why nobody didn't jump all over it
First... What did you pay

Second... What model is it ? Is it even a rubicon ?

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Fair price..

Only reason I ask is mine was trying to be passed off as a rubicon when it was for sale on a used car lot.. And since I have seen a few more and there has been a few stories of people buying X models or sports for rubicon prices because they had rubicon stickers on the hood !

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Fair price..

Only reason I ask is mine was trying to be passed off as a rubicon when it was for sale on a used car lot.. And since I have seen a few more and there has been a few stories of people buying X models or sports for rubicon prices because they had rubicon stickers on the hood !
What if your rig started out an X and is now more capable than a stock Rubi? Could you put the sticker on it then?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
It is not acceptable in any form... Well I will overlook the guys that have the "rubiXcon" or "rubiiTon"

But I specifically was looking for an X with 4:10s and power doors and windows, I knew at some point all of the rubi stuff would be upgraded so I went with the cheaper platform... But I did find quote a few being passed off as rubicons..

And the dealer who had mine had both the x stickers and the rubicon stickers still on it !

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
I really like the rubiXcon with the original rubicon letters along with the factory jeep "x" ... Was actually thinking of stealing that idea !

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Putting a Rubicon sticker on an X or a sport is akin the kid who put a rolled up wash cloth in his pants at the high school dance to impress the girls. Loser.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts