JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says looking for opinions on the best Evap Relo kit I don't think I want to do armor.

·
RIP Brad
3,760 Posts
Why not just armor it..... I think cost will be close to a relo kit. Only drawback I can think of is you can't get a bigger muffler in there..... but, I found a glass pack to be perfect.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i didnt know there was anyonter than the woods/jeepswag one. i have it on my current unlimted and my old 2 door
Yup I got the Woods relo and it works as advertised. Sure you can make your own for cheaper but if you just want the convience of a kit I recommend Woods kit since I have it and like. In my opinion there is no need to pay more for a kit with a skid plate up there covering it in a relocated position due to the axle protecting it. As far as armoring it in the factory location I say just move it and be done with it and free up that space for ground clearance and a future relocated exhaust.

·
RIP Brad
3,760 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Relo kit from Dominion Offroad worked for me.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
In Calif, one wouldn't pass smog with it removed. Not sure about other states, but you could be on to something.... on the Harley, guys take it off for performance gains. May work that way for us?
If this is the same configuration used on motorcycles, why not remove the evap canister all together? Just plug the vacuum line and tie off the overflow line. Done.

Reference: http://www.ducati.org/forums/how-tos/1888-charcoal-canister-removal-write-up.html
Someone elaborate on this. I'm evap stupid.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Someone elaborate on this. I'm evap stupid.
"EVAP" redirects here. EVAP may also refer to Evaporation.

Evaporative emissions are the result of gasoline vapors escaping from the vehicle's fuel system. Since 1971, all U.S. vehicles have had fully sealed fuel systems that do not vent directly to the atmosphere; mandates for systems of this type appeared contemporaneously in other jurisdictions. In a typical system, vapors from the fuel tank and carburetor bowl vent (on carbureted vehicles) are ducted to canisters containing activated carbon. The vapors are adsorbed within the canister, and during certain engine operational modes fresh air is drawn through the canister, pulling the vapor into the engine,where it burns. Per Wikipedia

If your in a state or county that does smog checks you will fail. If not you can attempt a delete but you may get a check engine light.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Got the woods setup, good kit and directions make it easy. I would recommend it. Skidding it is even easier though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
you would get a check engine and gas cap light if you remove it (a rock removed the one on my 2 door) if a legit place inspects your jeep (if you have inspections) it shouldnt pass with any warning lights on.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
In Calif, one wouldn't pass smog with it removed. Not sure about other states, but you could be on to something.... on the Harley, guys take it off for performance gains. May work that way for us?
Yes. I don't know about performance gains on a Harley :thefinger:, but it does clean up the look and certainly hasn't detracted from my bikes performance. You will probably throw a check engine light if you don't plug the vacuum line, but other than that you should be good to do. If your state does emissions inspections... :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
"EVAP" redirects here. EVAP may also refer to Evaporation.

Evaporative emissions are the result of gasoline vapors escaping from the vehicle's fuel system. Since 1971, all U.S. vehicles have had fully sealed fuel systems that do not vent directly to the atmosphere; mandates for systems of this type appeared contemporaneously in other jurisdictions. In a typical system, vapors from the fuel tank and carburetor bowl vent (on carbureted vehicles) are ducted to canisters containing activated carbon. The vapors are adsorbed within the canister, and during certain engine operational modes fresh air is drawn through the canister, pulling the vapor into the engine,where it burns. Per Wikipedia

If your in a state or county that does smog checks you will fail. If not you can attempt a delete but you may get a check engine light.
Perfect. So unless your state does inspections, pull the bitch off and plug the vacuum line. First person to make a bong out of the evap canister wins.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.