JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,119 Posts
Can the the MW3 not be upgraded with the tire carrier? Last I looked at AEV the kit was available.
The MW3 version also has the plastic tank, however it does not have the filler cap.

· Registered
238 Posts
Can the the MW3 not be upgraded with the tire carrier? Last I looked at AEV the kit was available.
The MW3 version also has the plastic tank, however it does not have the filler cap.
You can upgrade it. They have a couple ways to do it:

1. Order MW3 tire carrier kit. You get the tire carrier and the right side tank that has the hole in it for the carrier. Since the left side doesn't have the water setup, you just install the plug in it, this gives you the carrier and no water carrying.

2. Order normal AEV carrier and MW3 water tank kit. This is more expensive, but gets you the carrier and the water carrying capacity. Thus route makes your bumper a full equivalent of the AEV rear bumper and carrier.

In addition if you don't want the carrier, but want water, you can order the MW3 water tank kit by itself. The tanks will be the same as AEV rear, so without the carrier, you'll have a empty hole in the right side tank. On my AEV bumper, I bought an extra cap and ground the nubs off, then tapped it into the hole to plug it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.