JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week,I bought a set of 1/2 x 20 wheel lug nuts on Amazon but they are too small.
So I returned for refund.
I have to purchase a different set elsewhere to get the wheels installed.
Hexautoparts has 23 pcs 1/2" x 20 Black Lug Nuts for sale and says it fits my car.
I don't want to return anything again,so how to choose correct wheel lug nuts for my 05 tj ?
Do you have any recommendations ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
You might try going to a tire shop and seeing what fits.
Too small how? Like the stud is too long?

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,235 Posts
Might want to order them up from a vendor that deals with Jeeps.
I usually go with Northridge just because they usually have the best price / shipping.

If you want to determine thread pitch / length, there’s a million cheapo tools on amazon. A ruler and a thread pitch gauge come to mind.

·
Banned
702 Posts
Last week,I bought a set of 1/2 x 20 wheel lug nuts on Amazon but they are too small.
So I returned for refund.
I have to purchase a different set elsewhere to get the wheels installed.
Hexautoparts has 23 pcs 1/2" x 20 Black Lug Nuts for sale and says it fits my car.
I don't want to return anything again,so how to choose correct wheel lug nuts for my 05 tj ?
Do you have any recommendations ?
Thanks
First I would suggest you post in the appropriate area as this is a JK section. There is an area for TJ questions:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/jeep-tj/

Second, I would buy lug nuts made by reputable companies like Gorilla or McGard:

Gorilla Automotive Products
McGard

My personal selection would be for McGard as they're made in the USA. I'm sure there are other brands out there that are reputable, but they're the two I can think of for now.

Anyway, on either of those sites you should be able to cross reference your vehicle for the proper lug nuts. From there you can search reputable sellers with the part numbers you find.

For a reputable seller, I suggest Marcus of @RiverCityOffroad. I've been dealing with him for years and he's never steered me wrong.

In the future, I would suggest you post in the appropriate area for your questions. This helps everyone.

Good luck... :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts

it's a Jeep.

Will's right but it is about wheels ...
you can slide by.

mostly because you simply need to add the year model to your Amazon garage & match parts if going that route.
but , this isn't science; TJs just require 1/2"x20 Thread Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts .

when you say the ones you got were too small , what do you mean by that?

Please post the Amazon share link to what you ordered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's a Jeep.

Will's right but it is about wheels ...
you can slide by.

mostly because you simply need to add the year model to your Amazon garage & match parts if going that route.
but , this isn't science; TJs just require 1/2"x20 Thread Bulge Acorn Lug Nuts .

when you say the ones you got were too small , what do you mean by that?

Please post the Amazon share link to what you ordered.
What ^^ said. Was the seat? Were they too short? The thread pitch is correct, isn't the seat angle supposed to be 60 degrees? Pretty standard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts