JKOwners Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
heh, i think i may be hard pressed to fill up the one i have, let alone another! I do need a workbench though. something for a vice and sawing on and shit.

hard to say no to all those tools though!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,082 Posts
heh, i think i may be hard pressed to fill up the one i have, let alone another! I do need a workbench though. something for a vice and sawing on and shit.

hard to say no to all those tools though!
Just make your own. Way cheaper and you won't get pissed off when you fuck it up. You can use plywood for a top at least 3/4 inch. Use 2X6's for the legs and the frame and screw it all together. Then get a vise and mount it to one end through the plywood.

Kind of like this.

·
Registered
969 Posts
When it comes to pressure washers, I recommend renting a nice one. The few weekends a year I need it isn't worth storing and maintaining one, not to mention I could never afford buy one of the more powerful and higher flow rate machines on my own.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just make your own. Way cheaper and you won't get pissed off when you fuck it up. You can use plywood for a top at least 3/4 inch. Use 2X6's for the legs and the frame and screw it all together. Then get a vise and mount it to one end through the plywood.

Kind of like this.

thats exactly what I was planning on. looks good. did you paint/stain it or just leave it raw? hardest part for me will be squaring it up, i suck at that shit!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
All mine are Snap On, but they hold the tools that make my living. Only thing is I don't buy new, I wait till I see a repo box on truck then snag it.

My KRL series triple bank new (at the time) was almost $9K, got mine as a repo for $4500, Now they're $12,500 :eek:

Same for my "tool cart"... Holds my most used stuff.. New they're about $3K, again got a repo for $750

Do same for most of my Snap On tools, repo or ebay... Either way same warranty

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.