JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I will have a nice garage/basement to keep my tools in, I want to get myself a decent tool chest. However the only brand I really know is Craftsman, and stopping by the local Sears yesterday I wasn't impressive. Damn things felt like tin foil, and they wanted 1000$ for em!

What tool chests do you guys recommend, especially for someone on a budget (around or under 500 would be great!) Just the usual suspects, wrenches, sockets, screw drivers. I don't need 50 shelves, but 10 or so would be ideal

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
God I hate people like you Sneck lol. I had to load one of those fuckers in a Ford Escape yesterday. Bring a truck and let me use my forklift! But bullshit aside great choice sir. You won't be disappointed!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
haha i did feel awful. it took myself and 3 staff to get it in there, and probably a good 30 minutes because we had to keep trying different ways to get in in. finally laid the spare down flat and slid the thing on top of the spare, it fits nicely between the wheel wells. next time, im bringing a real pickup.

while im asking for advise, anyone have thoughts on power washers? now that ill have access to a hose a want one, for cleaning the house, jeep, car, fence, ect ect. the hf one is on sale for 70, but im not sure if its junk or not

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
heh, i think i may be hard pressed to fill up the one i have, let alone another! I do need a workbench though. something for a vice and sawing on and shit.

hard to say no to all those tools though!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just make your own. Way cheaper and you won't get pissed off when you fuck it up. You can use plywood for a top at least 3/4 inch. Use 2X6's for the legs and the frame and screw it all together. Then get a vise and mount it to one end through the plywood.

Kind of like this.

thats exactly what I was planning on. looks good. did you paint/stain it or just leave it raw? hardest part for me will be squaring it up, i suck at that shit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.