JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a couple willing bodies to help with tire mounting tonight at 6:30pm. Two should do it and I need you ready to give it hell! I'd appreciate it especially with the short notice.

Cheers,
Murray

·
Registered
357 Posts
You know I am in.... LoL See you then.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nobody available?

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
You know I would have been there except I had some parts to install.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Big thumbs up to Murry last night. He was the man with the tools and ideas last night mounting those damn tires.

First tire took over an hour and a half to do, from there the other 3 got progressively shorter (about 10 minutes for the last tire).

The key was just a couple hands and every 3rd or 4th bolt hole putting a bolt with LARGE washer and wooden block to hold down the bead. Then the last 1/5 of the bead took multiple screw drivers/pry bars and a big dead blow hammer to massage it on. As we would get a section on we would sink another bolt/washe/block combo in to hold it. Once all was on we gave the whole bead a good bag with the dead blow. Then we would pull the bolts and washers and pop on the ring and start tightening that down.

It was a good night, took about 4 hours start to finish. Murry is the hero of the week.

All I can say is what a fucking pain in the ass these tires/rims are. I will put some pictures up later tonight. :thefinger:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts