JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to the link below and enter my Jeep information (2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara) it says: This part is not compatible with 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara.

But isnt these the right sizes? also will my Tire Pressure Sensors work on any Rims? if you go to tire rack it tells you that you might need to buy Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

4 NEW XD800 MISFIT BLACK 18x9 18" RIMS 5x127/5x5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-XD800-MISFIT-BLACK-18x9-18-RIMS-5x127-5x5-/280700330908?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415b0b239c

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i cant talk/speak.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Those wheels are going to have 5" back spacing which will work with stock sized tires but when you get into a 12.50 wide tire you'll have some rubbing on the lower control arms when you turn.

They will "work" but you'll have rubbing with aftermarket tires.

Let me know if you'd like a quote on them. :)

Marcus

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ebay still says: This part is not compatible with 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara .

is it because its not stock rim or does it really not fit?

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Those will work too. They have 4.5" back spacing.

Here's a quick offset = backspacing lesson.

Width of wheel + 1
Divided by 2
Subtract Offset (-6mm = .25" / -12mm = .5")

So -

8" wide + 1 = 9
Divided by 2 = 4.5
-6mm = 4.25" Back Spacing

Winning! :i20thank20you:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info!

backspacing sounds like it would be the space away from the vehical but its not.. so lower is better

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
ebay still says: This part is not compatible with 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara .

is it because its not stock rim or does it really not fit?
Don't pay attention to Ebay sellers. They don't always know what they are talking about.

I sell these wheels day in and day out. That doesn't automatically make me an expert, but I know what hits and what fits and what will or won't work with your application.

Marcus

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like these myself and going with a 18" wheel your going to limit your tire choices. Does boil down to preference though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like these myself and going with a 18" wheel your going to limit your tire choices. Does boil down to preference though.
Yea the 18in wheel kinda sucks in the long run. Im running an 18in XD Rockstar and really only go to 35s. Soon Ill be switching to a 17in rim for the broader tire choices

·
Registered
283 Posts
Huh... I've got 20's and there's still plenty of Tire choices.

What kind of tires ya'll running that's so limited?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts

I could be wrong, but I think there are more choices in the 35"+ sizes for 20" wheels than there are for 18" wheels.

FWIW, if it were me, I'd go to a 17" wheel unless I was going over 40". Even then, a 17" wheel is fine. I'm running 41" Rockers on 17" Racelines and it ride fine on the highway. No Cadillac smooth, but acceptable.

·
Registered
436 Posts

Options are not the problem. Cost is:

Nitto Trail Grappler in 35x12.5x17 - $319
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40573&typ=Truck/SUV&tmn=Trail+Grappler+M/T

Nitto Trail Grappler in 35x12.5x18 $343
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40568&tmn=Trail+Grappler+M/T&typ=Truck/SUV
Nitto Trail Grappler in 35x12.5x20 $387
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40569&typ=Truck/SUV&tmn=Trail+Grappler+M/T

I'm running 35" Nitto TGs so I'm using this as an example.

Difference in tire cost between a single tire (20" compared to 17") you're saving $68 per tire. That's $270-$340 in savings depending on if you're buying 4 or 5 tires.

Either way, I'm not interested in paying that much more for tires and wheels. Especially considering the rock rash I give my wheels anyway. An extra 3" of rubber between the ground and my wheel is a good thing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i already have 18" rims with new 37" tires

1 - 20 of 20 Posts