JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sahara
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been away for a long time, looking at a winch for my 2013 Sahara and for the money I’m looking at either a champion 9000 lbs or a tundra 10000 lbs

Never heard of either, any of you have any experience with these?

·
Administrator
2,051 Posts
Not sure why you want to cut costs on a winch. They are cheap because they are made of cheap junk. What's the point of carrying 100lbs of useless crap around on your front bumper if it won't do what it is supposed to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, been away for a long time, looking at a winch for my 2013 Sahara and for the money I’m looking at either a champion 9000 lbs or a tundra 10000 lbs

I know you're looking at those two specific bands; however, I would suggest you look at the Badlands winch from Harbor Freight. By all accounts it is a great winch to consider.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I am not an electrical expert!

You may want to consider upgrading some of the cables in your Jeep. The stock cables are "whimpy". If I am correct, which I am sure some of the electrical experts on here will chime in, the winch can put a strain on those stock cables. I saw a Jeep where the ground was burned out as well as the winch cables started melting because of the heat. Plus it puts a strain on the alternator. I upgraded my cables with Jeep Cables dot com.

Again I am not an electrical expert.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts