JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Magic 8 Ball says "probably not" ...but I'll ask anyway.

Anyone within a reasonable distance (an hour from Gaithersburg, MD) interested in trading Poison Spyder BFH front bumpers ...

I have one with a Brawler Bar ...looking to trade for one with a Trail Stinger.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah ...figured I'm pissin' in the wind on this one, but had to ask. I'd go the sell the BHF w/Brawler and buy the w/Trail Stinger route, but not many folks are willing to do that much cutting.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Have you considered cutting the brawler bar off before the bends and splicing in a stinger? You could use slugs to make it a strong, clean transition...:)

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you considered cutting the brawler bar off before the bends and splicing in a stinger? You could use slugs to make it a strong, clean transition...:)
I was thinking about that last night ...I know a guy who's a welding genius. I'm going to have him do some work soon ...I'll see what he has to say. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was thinking about that last night ...I know a guy who's a welding genius. I'm going to have him do some work soon ...I'll see what he has to say. :beer::beer:
I'd go that route. I talked to Eric about my LoD stinger and it's "opportunities". He defiantly has a great concept of how to reinforce a stinger.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd go that route. I talked to Eric about my LoD stinger and it's "opportunities". He defiantly has a great concept of how to reinforce a stinger.
That's what I'm thinking ...I'll be seeing him sometime in the next few weeks. :beer::beer:

·
Breaker of nice things
2,477 Posts
I wonder if you could PM Dusty or Biglar and see if you could get *just* the stinger tube portion? PSC already did the heavy lifting, in determining length, angle, lazer-cutting the notches, etc., and you already have the bumper portion. Then, let your welder friend go to town!

Worth a shot...

·
Registered
175 Posts
That's what I'm thinking ...I'll be seeing him sometime in the next few weeks. :beer::beer:
Nice...Taking mine up to drop it off with Jeff right now. :D

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wonder if you could PM Dusty or Biglar and see if you could get *just* the stinger tube portion? PSC already did the heavy lifting, in determining length, angle, lazer-cutting the notches, etc., and you already have the bumper portion. Then, let your welder friend go to town!

Worth a shot...

Interesting option. Will investigate.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The PSC option isn't going to work, but Jeff at Adrenaline Offroad is all set to make me one and Eric will weld her up. Lots of changes coming.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So is this "Eric" .... Eric S. doing your welding? If it is I second the motion ..... that guy can weld! And if you need something custom fab'ed in steel he is the right guy for the job.

Here is a towbar bracket he fab'ed for me ..... nicest one I've seen!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
In the same boat dude. Looking to trade my Rock Brawler rear for a BFH rear. Don't see it happening though :mr-t:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In the same boat dude. Looking to trade my Rock Brawler rear for a BFH rear. Don't see it happening though :mr-t:
Yeah ...anyone with the BFH rear has already chopped the shit out their rig and the Rockbrawler wouldn't work.

Sell the Rockbrawler ...it'll go quick. :beer::beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts