·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fiance makes stuff out of resin and has a store on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/octoberschild1981?ref=si_shop

check it out, cool, inexpensive gifts
rings, necklaces, keychains
custom stuff is not a problem - want something stuck in resin or a different color or whatever, just ask.

and yes, I have donated some of my ammo stash for this!
spiders and stuff in resin, no problem
black widows, brown recluse, wolf spiders - whatever
can also do text

working on doing shift knobs too - got one prototype done, still working the kinks our of that one but soon!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
how about an old ass giant mosquito like in jurassic park?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Venom - show me a pic of the ugliest, hairiest, scariest spider you can put in one for a keychain.

·
Registered
491 Posts

black widow gear shift knob :smokin: i might have her make one for the 4x4 shifter too!

crappy picture i know but theres only 1 crappy light in my garage so i was holding a flashlight to make it brighter but you get the idea

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The holographic bug is pretty cool. Could a custom job be done?
yup, can do whatever
as for the beetle, just a matter of finding another Caterpillar Hunter, thats the type of beetle that one is, but west texas has no shortage of critters for this, scorpions, widows, recluses, snake fangs, small skulls all kinds of stuff

if you have an idea, let me know and I'll pass it along

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I've got a couple of wisdom teeth my dentist let me keep after he yanked them out of my head.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Venom - show me a pic of the ugliest, hairiest, scariest spider you can put in one for a keychain.
Venom I am waiting for a pic - not of the keychain but a random pic of the spider described above that you can put in it. I want one to buy one.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Venom I am waiting for a pic - not of the keychain but a random pic of the spider described above that you can put in it. I want one to buy one.
Haven't really tried any hairy spiders. Dunno if the hair will trap air bubbles really badly or not. I'll see what I can catch and we will give it a shot.
Did a brown recluse last night. I'll post pics when it's done.
What do you want it in?
Necklace, paperweight, ring, keychain
Round, heart, dome, frog
Lots of options.

Scratched into the wall with a dead iPhone.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
make a shifter knob for the auto that would be sweet :D idk if thats possible
I did a how to on here a long time ago about using manual shift knobs on autos using an adapter

Edit: here it is

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=314036

·
Registered
786 Posts
Haven't really tried any hairy spiders. Dunno if the hair will trap air bubbles really badly or not. I'll see what I can catch and we will give it a shot.
Did a brown recluse last night. I'll post pics when it's done.
What do you want it in?
Necklace, paperweight, ring, keychain
Round, heart, dome, frog
Lots of options.

Let me see that brown recluse one when its done. Not hairy is ok but ugly and scary is necessary. Keychain please and a rounded end diamond shape would be kinda cool but should be able to fit in jeans pocket. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let me see that brown recluse one when its done. Not hairy is ok but ugly and scary is necessary. Keychain please and a rounded end diamond shape would be kinda cool but should be able to fit in jeans pocket. Thanks!
ok here's the recluse - thats a 9mm next to it for scale.
the back isnt painted yet, thats why it has the mirror effect right now.

she has other molds that are less domed or even heart shaped
she has one that's frog shaped - might be kind of cool to have a clear frog with a gnarly spider in its belly.
just ran out of resin so it will be a few days before she can do anymore custom stuff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts